Screw the Eagle, the PRS MT-15 Has Landed!

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Carl Kolchak, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Carl Kolchak

Carl Kolchak Last of the famous international playboys

It's built like a tank, and chugs hard when asked. What more could you ask for in an amp?

Here's a quickie demo I did while auditioning some IRs the other day.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-669582196/mt15tt2

What I'm really digging most about this amp is the tone, more specifically the tone sweeps. They don't have a wide range, which is a good thing in my book. Instead, they seemed to have been focused more on usable freqs rather than useless sonic extremes of super flub, AM radio wah, and icepick attack highs. As a result, the amp feels very easy to dial in.

As for the external build quality, again, no complaints. Thing's built like a tank.

So yeah, if you're in the market for a high gain all tube chug monster then I'd definitely recommend one of these, especially when you consider you can get one for +/-$600 new.

2. MatrixClaw

MatrixClaw Whoaaa No Way!!!

These are super interesting amps. I'd be curious to try one, but the Archon interests me a bit more for not a whole lot more scratch on the used market. I like the small factor of these, though!

3. Carl Kolchak

I guess you could call the MT-15 a one trick pony, but that one trick it does it does exceedingly well. ;)

MatrixClaw likes this.
  4. Meeotch

Meeotch SS.org Regular

Still waiting on the MT-100, might have to grab one of these in the meantime just to see.

5. BadSeed

BadSeed SS.org Regular

I'd say more than a one trick pony, as it has one of the best clean channels on a high gain head out there!

6. Bogner

Bogner Rock N' Roll Machine

Definitely NOT a 1 trick pony. Multiple quality gain sounds and a brilliant clean channel makes it a must have amp for the cash for anybody IMO.

Carl Kolchak likes this.
  7. Carl Kolchak

The clean channel makes for an interesting "pedal platform", I'll say that. But I think more people are buying this amp because like you said, it's a huge bargain for the price. That and it's quite the gain monster.