Scrawny 2 Brawny Program

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by TREYAZAGHTOTH, Apr 26, 2012.

1. TREYAZAGHTOTH

TREYAZAGHTOTH 'bone' carpenter

Hey,
    Any of you guys have heard of this program?

here is the link
    Scrawny To Brawny

This program was earlier linked to their 'precision nutrition' program.

I'd love to hear whether any of you guys have had any reviews about it.

regards
    dinesh

2. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Haven't heard on it but it looks like all the other "miracle" programs. Too good to be true.

3. Maniacal

Maniacal SS.org Regular

Looks like shit to me. $99 a month. Limited spaces. Results guaranteed. All the usual bullshit.

What is wrong with just eating properly and training like a lunatic?

Practically anything you need to know can be found on the Internet for free anyway.

4. Variant

Variant Banned

^
    Or just being fucking healthy and not obsessing over being ripped. I'll never understand the WWE-wannabe crowd.

5. Wingchunwarrior

Wingchunwarrior OVER THE LINE!

I'll never understand people who don't understand people

6. Infamous Impact

Infamous Impact SS.org Regular

Do a program like Starting Strength or Madcows 5x5, and combine it with a good diet and you're good to go. Seriously, people make it too hard these days.

7. Bevo

Bevo SS.org Regular

My GF was 82 pounds and I got her taking a protien/calorie drink with 50 grams protien and almost 1,000 calories. I also gave her some pushups, core work and squats to do each day.

She has stuck to it and put on 9 pounds in two weeks or 10% body weight which is pretty amazing.
    Her goal is 95lb and she is 5,2.

Its not rocket science, just work hard and eat right and if what your doing does not work then adjust till you find it.

8. troyguitar

troyguitar SS.org Regular

You must be the only man in the world trying to help his woman to GAIN weight :lol:

9. Infamous Impact

Emphasize squats with weight for DAT ASS :yesway:.

Murmel likes this.
  10. Bevo

Bevo SS.org Regular

No kidding eh!
    I told her that she should be careful when she tells people she wants to put on weight, its amazing how many people get offended?

11. USMarine75

USMarine75 Colorless green ideas sleep furiously Contributor

82 lbs? Sounds like the perfect Asian wife to me. Well, if 10+ of it were some perfect big C's... :)

12. ryanoddi

ryanoddi SS.org Regular

haven't heard of the program before but I agree with some of the comments about how difficult people make working out. I don't religiously work out at the moment (and never have, haha,) but I've done a ton of research over the past year or so and what it seems to come down to, is eating healthy and keeping a decent workout regime (also I've read to change it up quite often to keep boredom at bay.)

Check out this site...
    Scooby's Workshop | Home Fitness & Bodybuilding Workouts

He doesn't try and sell you on sponsored products or any bull shit monthly fees. Everything so far appears to be free (and he emphasizes that quite a bit in his videos.)

He's got a bunch of videos on youtube that he makes by himself to help show you proper techniques etc.

He's got different routines to accommodate what exactly you are looking to do, whether you want to get WWE ripped, or just fit and healthy (better choice, imo.)

13. Infamous Impact

He's pure broscience and a lot of his ideas will get you hurt. I've seen a Facebook post on his page where he gave advice to someone who looked anorexic to the point of needing hospitalization to keep dieting because he couldn't "see his abs."

14. Wingchunwarrior

Wingchunwarrior OVER THE LINE!

Scooby LOL. Has a good physique though but man talk about A Mad Bro Scientist.

"all fat is bad for you"

"get rid of your yokes"

"Only takes soy protein, no meat protein"

:lol:

15. TREYAZAGHTOTH

that is exactly the reason, i thought i'd ask for an opinion.

granted there are lot of websites dedicated to building muscle...but how many of them are reliable?

'broscience': wonder what that means ?!!

16. Captain Shoggoth

Captain Shoggoth literally just vibing

broscience=supposed "knowledge" about training and nutrition that has no basis in science or fact, and is usually gleaned from ill-informed lifters, greedy supplement peddlers and muscle magazines. Avoid at all costs.

Example:

Broscience: You have to eat 8 small meals a day, one every 2 hours, to keep your metabolism going, otherwise your body will turn all your food to fat.

Real science: As long as you're meeting macros, (and not going over calories if that's a factor as well), meal frequency is irrelevant, provided you get what you need in the day. And longer breaks between larger meals has its own benefit in the form of an increased energy spike.

17. Infamous Impact

Real science is backed up by studies, which a credible program would cite. For example, read up of Intermittent Fasting, like Leangains and Eat Stop Eat. Those are examples of programs with real science as they reference empirical evidence from studies actually performed for science, not just companies that do that for legitimacy when in reality they pay for it so the FDA doesn't shut them down.

18. Captain Shoggoth

Captain Shoggoth literally just vibing

^and one week into intermittent fasting, I can say it definitely works! :lol:

19. TREYAZAGHTOTH

exactly..

This program (scrawny to brawny) is run by the 'precision nutrition' website.
    In fact there is a bestselling book, going by the same name.

The program is run by the author of that book...Dr. John Berardi.

I already have they're nutrition guide book, and it seems to me , they know what they are talking about.

I've been a part of they're forum for a couple of months now and the material seems to be scientific and systematic.

I've been following the 'hard gainer' approach for around two years now, and it seems to be working.
    Having spent close to 6 years working out, following the advise given in magazines and not having any thing to show for it really put me down.

fortunately i was able to get Stuart McRobert's 'hard gainer' and now for the last two years have been making progress.

Nutrition is one area where there are tons of resources...(broscience included). i've tried quite a few of them.
    right now i do not have the time nor patience to test each and see what works.

As things stand i have decided to join up for the course..
    Will keep you guys updated.

BTW.. was able to snag an axe fx standard last week..

regards
    dinesh