Schecter's new 2005 Sevenstrings

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Vince, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Vince

Vince Contributor

I finally got this pic from a friend of mine from NAMM. Sorry it's a bit blurry. I wanted you guys to see the new Schecter 7-string (I believe Diamond Series??). Anyway, I loved this guitar when I saw it. The slightly yellowed binding on the neck matching the binding on the headstock and guitar body is just sweet and gives it a classic feel IMO. This was a neck-through model as well, with Seymour Duncan pickups of some kind (not the Duncan Designed). The back of the neck was also painted black (as standard procedure with most neck-thru's).

They had another one there just like it, but with dark gray binding on the body and no binding on the neck (also very killer looking).

Anyway, just thought I'd share. It's a blurry pic, but a badassed guitar. Schecter's guitars get better every year. Slap a floyd on a few models next year and they could easily blow Ibanez out of the water.

[​IMG]

2. rx

rx I drink water.

it just looks like a blackjack c-7 to me? :confused:

3. Vince

Vince Contributor

Well, if that's the case, it just shows my absolute ignorance of the Schecter line up until this year :lol:

I'm probably wrong, I thought most Schecter guitars looked like this:

http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/6c/ea/01_12_sb.JPG

Either way, they're 10 times the quality of the guitars they were making a few years ago. I'm definitely digging their new(er) designs! :agreed:

4. Chris

Chris Forum MVP

Neck through... Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... :hbang:

5. macalpine88

macalpine88 SS.org Regular

im not a fan of neck throughs from some reason. i like the look of a bolt on. and if the neck snaps all you have to do is replace it :metal: of course i think john petrucci is the only one who has to worry about that :p

6. Dylan7620

Dylan7620 that guy

the newer schecters do look good. they play alot better that i usualy think too.

7. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

i played an old schecter telecaster-style guitar many years ago (eight maybe?). it was actually a really nice guitar. infact, i liked it better than my dad's real pre-CBS telecaster :D

i also saw a schecter 7string in a GuitarCenter (toledo). i think it was a diamond series, and had a 1x6 headstock. i didn't play it, because it was a lefty model lol.

but THAT is a sweet looking guitar. ditto on the binding!

8. Shannon

Shannon Lord Super Awesome Contributor

I really want the Damien 7 with the flying bat inlays. <drool>

9. jim777

jim777 Seen all good people Forum MVP

Schecter was a very high quality custom shop type of instrument made in NYC from the late 70's to maybe mid eighties. Along the same lines as Valley Arts or Tom Anderson (who learned guitar making from Rudy Pensa, Schecter's founder). Someone eventually bought out the company to get the name, and the guitars made now in Korea have nothing to do with the old ones. The custom shop the new Schecter has in CA also has nothing to do with the original company, though they are supposed to make fine instruments.

10. Mind Riot

Mind Riot Devoted seven stringer Contributor

It is a Schecter C-7 Blackjack. They came out about eight months ago. And they are very, VERY nice guitars. I have the 007 Blackjack seven, which is identical to the one you're holding in that pic except for body shape.

The whole Blackjack series comes with Duncan JB and '59 pickups, a Tonepros tune-o-matic bridge, and Grover tuners. They are all mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard. And actually, they are set neck, not neck through. But the joint is done so well you can't tell the difference.

The seven strings also have an extended 26 1/2" scale, which is what first interested me in mine. It is by far the nicest guitar I've ever owned. And you're right, the binding does look really classy. :cool:

Check out mine. As I said, it's the same as the one you were holding except for the body shape. Drool over my guitar's surpassing beauty, you knaves! ;)

Attached Files:

11. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

Dunno about that. What kind of neck do they have? the neck to me is what makes the ibanez, more so than anything else. Their bridges rule too though. (BTW, i also am a bolt on fan)

12. Mind Riot

Schecter necks are a bit more chunky than Ibanez'. Nothing like a Les Paul, but more substantial than a Wizard 7. Personally, I like mine better than the neck on the RG7421 I had, but I'm not a shredder. For shred type playing, it's hard to beat an Ibanez neck.

13. Shikaru

Shikaru Mechanical Thunder Contributor

Hey my Schecter seven looks like that, whats so bad about it? :(

Though in truth the blackjack sevens do look mighty good.
    How is the upper fret access on the newer models? It's a tad awkward on my seven.

14. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

that is the biggest lie Leo Fender spread in his lifetime, have you ever tried to replace and adjust a neck? :p

15. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

Yes i had to reset my Universe neck, which is why i got my black & green one for so cheap.

16. Nick1

Nick1 SS.org Regular

isnt there another 7 that they have out (Hellraiser?) with EMG 707s?

17. Mind Riot

Yeah, they just came out. And let me tell you, if I didn't already have and love my 007 Blackjack I'd be all over that Hellraiser. Those things are going to freaking rock. Plus the C-7 Hellraiser has the extended 26 1/2" scale like my 007. Damn, Schecter is making some freaking hot guitars. \m/ :scream: \m/

EDIT: Here's a press release on HC. Man, those things are freaking hot.

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2005/Hellraiser-Collection.html

18. Nick1

Nick1 SS.org Regular

Yea those look nice, I just wish the toggle was where the volumes and tone is instead of behind them.
    I teach guitar at a music shop that will soon be carrying Schecters! So maybe Ill look into that axe!

Heres a big pic of the Hellraiser it if anyones interested
    http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/2005/HellRaiser-C-7-lg.jpg