**Schecter Sucks at Customer Service!**

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by studmiester7, Nov 24, 2014.

1. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

It's probably reasonable to request this, or that they send you the parts to do it yourself. Their response to that would speak more about their customer service than their default response to your first communication.

2. studmiester7

studmiester7 Official Logo

According to most people they do sound great, but that's not what I wanted or expected. I'm not other guitarists, and locking is what I enjoy. Just like there are those that can't stand TOM bridges compared to hipshot fixed.

And you're right, there is nothing blocking me from returning, which is what I'm doing.

And you are also right....I am quite heated, and that is sound advise to wait and cool down. It is infuriating hearing that I'm somehow in the wrong for being upset because you all like Grovers. That's not what I like. I would be just fine waiting the extra time to send back the grovers, to exchange for the locking; but we'll see what happens.

3. Forrest_H

Forrest_H How can she slap?

That sucks that you didn't get the right tuners, man!

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but that's still weird that they didn't even offer to send you some locking tuners... Still, I wouldn't exactly call it shitty customer service.

Shitty to me would be like "YEAH WELL F-CK YOU TOO BUDDY" :rofl:

Hopefully it gets resolved, maybe you'll like the grovers! :)

4. TauSigmaNova

TauSigmaNova Guitarist Wannabe.

I think if it said the guitar had a floyd even though it was listed as having a hipshot that that would be a much MUCH bigger problem than a small thing like a difference in tuners both of which are fairly good. Honestly, I think their response was pretty run of the mill. Mistakes are made. It's not the end of the world and I definitely don't think this counts as 'bad' customer service.

5. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

Give it a few hours (take a walk to calm down a bit or whatever), and then consider your already decided upon course of action (return) or think about sending a polite e-mail reply asking if you could do a swap via mail for some Schecter Locking Tuners if you send in the Grovers. They might go for it, they might not. I think it's worth a try to at least see, especially if you like everything the guitar has to offer aside from the tuners.
    Of course if Schecter goes for the tuner exchange they might not have gold-hardware locking tuners so maybe they'll offer you a different color?

A third option: Keep the guitar, save up and buy some locking tuners from a brand you like and replace them in the future, then sell your Grovers? I suggest this because if you really like the guitar its a shame that you're letting it go because of the tuners (even though technically you're in the right to be upset that you received something different than what you assumed you purchased).

Either way, good luck!

6. vilk

vilk Very Regular

I just want to say that as someone who works in the customer service field that I would imagine there is no way this situation could be misconstrued so as to be their fault. I'd say it would probably be whoever is in charge of the website or maybe even someone in the marketing department.

What the customer service for Schecter did do is write a friendly email explaining the situation and offer you a refund.

Also, I do think it would be worth your time to suggest YOUR way to resolve the issue. Yeah, we have go to strategies (like asking if you'd like a refund), but actually when it's our end who has ....ed up, you do actually have a little leeway with the situation.

I'm not in the guitar industry, but I can think of a specific time that we've sold a part to a customer that was not modified in the way that they had expected it to be when they chose to order it (though it was actually just their fault for making assumptions. We didn't even mis-advertise as schecter has done here), and we did take it back, modify it, and return it to them, charge only the difference in cost of the modification.

7. Electric Wizard

Electric Wizard guy incognito

Nobody has said that. They've said that Schecter has responded fairly, and tangentially that Grovers are alright. It's pretty clear that you don't like the Grovers, what isn't clear is what you expected Schecter to do. I don't believe that Schecter makes their locking tuners in gold, which is why they can't just send some.

They've even updated the website already.

8. max3000

max3000 SS.org Regular

Have to agree with everyone here. Schecter's response is completely reasonable.

9. molsoncanadian

molsoncanadian Crunchy Riff, Eh?

[​IMG]

Sorry, I had to :flame:

10. flexkill

flexkill Vodka & PentaTonic

But in all fairness, you shouldn't assume everyone knows their way around a guitar such as a more experienced player might. Having the wrong tuners might as well be the wrong bridge as far as someone with little knowledge of the instrument is concerned.

11. ShawnFjellstad

ShawnFjellstad hates womanizers.

I don't give a .... about Grovers, and that has nothing to do with why I think you're overreacting. Schecter acted exactly as they should in response and owe you absolutely nothing more than what they already offered. Return the guitar and be done with it, but to bash their customer service after is downright wrong. They apologized, said they'd fix the site, and offered you two completely viable solutions. That sounds like ....ing great customer service, to me, and is far more than you would get from most big name companies.

12. ShawnFjellstad

This, this, a thousand times this.

13. studmiester7

studmiester7 Official Logo

lmfao all good. I had time to cool down, and I ended up calmly asking to speak to a supervisor, and spoke about my willingness to either return the grovers for the locking, or just sending me the locking. Things seem to be working out, so I'll wait and see what happens when they send me the official email back. I ended up ordering the Whamburger instead of riding the whambulance ;) lol

14. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

I've seen people get replacement parts from Schecter, but those were legitimate flaws. Broken tuners, undersized nut screws, screwed up pickup covers, broken pots...

While it think it would earn them a bit of respect if they sent tuners, and you talked to them a bit they MIGHT send you some. I don't think they owe you anything. The guitar is built how it was specified. There's no flaws.

Also, if you look at stock photos on the Guitar Center website...

[​IMG]

15. ShawnFjellstad

See? Perhaps it would be wise to let things play out before publicly flaming a company and making yourself look like a whiny baby in the process.

16. flexkill

flexkill Vodka & PentaTonic

Shawn, STFU! :lol:

17. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

I remember someone's cat here knocked over their KM-7 and busted one of the knobs off of the tuner. Schecter sent them a replacement part. Their customer service is fine, but it's understandable you'd want to return a guitar if the specs didn't match what you purchased. I'd be pissed if it was marked "gold hardware" and I recieved chrome or black or something. It makes sense not to want it after that. I don't think OP deserves as much flak as they're getting, but I will say I think you should take it easy on the guitar company as they gave perfectly reasonable solutions.

They apologized, fixed the listing, and said you should get a refund if it's not your cup of tea.

edit... Derp I didn't read page two.

18. ShawnFjellstad

Flexypoo, you should know me well enough to know that this is a request I simply cannot grant. :D

19. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

IIRC Schecter sent a replacement for a faulty knob to a guy livin in Europe,that's not what I'd consider bad CS.

Also,like said,they probably don't have golden lockings

20. RoyceIsNotMyName

RoyceIsNotMyName SS.org Regular

...I kinda think you got a better deal here, pal. I wouldn't complain. BUt, if that's not what you want, for the value of the grover tuners you could sell them and get hipshot locking tuners easily.

Just be glad you got it. One of my friends ordered a schecter Damien Elite 5 string, and they shipped it to somebody in CALIFORNIA (he lives in WASHINGTON STATE).
    He called and asked why his bass wasn't there yet, and they said "We sent it to the wrong person. It'll be taken care of and at your home by next week."

ONE WEEK LATER, he calls again saying his bass still isn't there. They once again tell him it will be another week, and it still hasn't arrived.

Sadly, I think this may be a result of early black friday shopping rush. I know Schecter deals with TOOONS of people worldwide, and I love their guitars, but at least it's in operating condition.