**Schecter Sucks at Customer Service!**

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by studmiester7, Nov 24, 2014.

1. studmiester7

studmiester7 Official Logo

[​IMG]

**I was pretty heated and quick to post. I'm more upset at the fact that they weren't willing to either let me exchange the grovers with the locking tuners, or send me the locking tuners as now previously advertised. My hot-head is cooling, but still quite disappointed. Not sure what to do now; just keep it, and "deal with it", or show my disappointment by returning the guitar for another. Uh.....guitar problems**

Wow...so Schecter Guitars got back to me about my guitar NOT being shipped with the listed locking tuners. This was their reply:

"Hello,
    Thank you for supporting Schecter Guitars! It looks like there is a mistake on our website, that guitar is supposed to come with Grover tuners. I will make sure the website is updated so this does not happen again. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. Grover tuners are top of the line, and it was a conscious decision to include Grover’s instead of locking tuners. A good set of standard tuners are equally as functional as locking tuners, have fewer moving parts, and even reduce weight to the headstock of your guitar. However, if it is worth the effort to send the guitar back so you are fully satisfied with your purchase, I encourage you to do so."

I will be returning my guitar, and will not be purchasing from schecter, again; will recommend others do not, as well. Not happy.

2. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Stunt Guitar

I don't think customer service has anything to do with their horrible proofreaders :2c:

3. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

While that is rather inconvenient I think you're over reacting a little. They did list it incorrectly but they aren't obligated to supply you with locking tuners if they stated they had it. I personally would be happy with grovers. Schecter have always been very helpful with me and have been making quality guitars for a while now they're becoming one of the best brands around at this time and with good reason. :2c:

4. ShawnFjellstad

ShawnFjellstad hates womanizers.

They responded exactly as they should have, and you're overreacting. Mistakes happen and they offered a quick solution. You being unhappy with their totally viable solution doesn't mean they have bad customer service.

5. asher

asher So Did We

I'm kind of confused why locking tuners are worth returning an entire guitar, but OK.

6. flexkill

flexkill Vodka & PentaTonic

I don't really like Schecter guitars all that much, but I have heard nothing but glowing reviews of their customer support. Your's is the first negative review I have ever heard actually. :shrug:

Sucks dude, hope it gets straightened out for you.

7. lemeker

lemeker SS.org Slacker

....yeah.... if that's the only thing that was wrong, that's nothing. As a matter of fact I'd be happier that they came with the Grover's. Those are fantastic tuners. I put those in my PRS, and would do it a million times over.

8. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

While I agree it's an overreaction, it also would have been nice to see the company offer other solutions. Maybe ship a pack of tuners that you can install yourself or something. Disappointing for sure though.

9. mystix

mystix SS.org Regular

I'm all about customer support when it forms to things like this. I don't see what they did wrong except have a typo in the webpage.

Locking tuners aren't the end of the world though. Does the guitar play and sound ok? At the end of the day, does not having locking tuners really bother you that much?

10. iamnoah262

iamnoah262 SS.org Regular

Did you want them to send you some tissues?

TauSigmaNova likes this.
  11. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

I admit, it does suck that you got something that you weren't expecting. I think though that their response is very reasonable. I don't know anything about Guitar Center's return policy but I'm guessing that if you say "I didn't get what I thought I was purchasing, so I want a refund", I'm guessing that is reason enough for a return.

12. studmiester7

The guitar already has the grover tuners. That's not why I bought it. I'll admit I'm heated, but if they offer a spec and I don't get it, and their only response is to deal with it or exchange it, that's not cool. I would not have spent my money and time waiting for this guitar if it was listed properly. Now it's become a hassle. So no, not over-reacting. And yes, Guitar Center is letting me exchange it thank goodness.

13. vilk

vilk Very Regular

I can relate to the feeling of having chosen something because you know exactly what you want, and then how disappointing it can feel when said thing doesn't meet the expectations /criteria that was the foundation of you having chosen it to begin with

but also, as someone who has never owned or operated a guitar with locking tuners

are they really that big of a deal? And I'm not implying an expectation I'm honestly asking are locking tuners really that great? I've always thought grover tuners were pretty good. Do schecter locking tuners just like blow standard tuners away?

14. studmiester7

I prefer locking because I think the headstock looks much cleaner without the windings, and It's a lot faster re-stringing. I prefer them.

15. downburst82

downburst82 SS.org Regular

I don't understand....what exactly did you want them to do?

They said they were sorry, explained the mistake and offered a full refund correct?

I suppose they could have offered to send you a set of locking tuners but that would really have been going above and beyond what I would expect, even from a company with good customer service. :shrug:

16. asher

asher So Did We

I mean, they're pretty neat - string changes get a whole bunch faster because you don't need to wind, and some guitars use them in place of locking nuts with trems - but I don't think they're in any way a deal breaker...

17. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

That's a perfectly acceptable customer service response and you're being unreasonable.

18. studmiester7

It's a preference, and I'm glad none of you think locking versus standard grovers are a big deal; but that happens to be something I really enjoy on a guitar. In my mind, it's no different than them advertising a guitar with a hipshot fixed bridge, and getting a floyd. And yes, I was hoping they would send me the locking tuners, and no I had no idea it was a typo until the email. It's a big disappointment to me.

19. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

It's absolutely an overreaction for the following reasons:
    - According to most people, the tuners you got are just as good or better.
    - Schecter gave the appropriate response.
    - There is nothing blocking you from returning the instrument for a refund or exchange.
    - You've not suggested an alternative solution or otherwise continued the conversation before instantly jumping to "I hate them, they're terrible".

You have every right to be upset and disappointed, but it's not the fault of Schecter's customer service at this point. If you think the situation should have been handled differently, give yourself some time to cool off and reply to them with a suggested alternative solution.

20. Nagash

Nagash chugs and screams

Technically, the Schecter builders didn't do anything wrong. But the bad proofreading made you purchase a guitar with the wrong specs, so they should at least offer to take the guitar back, install the locking tuners, and send it back to you. After all, it's the company as a whole that is involved. If someone screws up, someone has to pay the price for it (or at least that would be cool).

Bummer.