Schecter Stiletto Deluxe 4

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by Chris Bowsman, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Chris Bowsman

Chris Bowsman SS.org Regular

Any opinions on the Schecter Stiletto Deluxe 4? Looking at trading an unused acoustic guitar for one.

2. GenghisCoyne

GenghisCoyne im here to party

you either hate schecter necks or you are ok with playing a schecter. go play one.

3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Your typical cheapo bass. Can be decent, can be awful. Depends on how much time and energy you feel like putting in.

It would probably make a decent bass for tracking after an electronics overhaul.

There are plenty of "safer" options, but this shouldn't be awful unless it's a dud.

4. Chris Bowsman

Chris Bowsman SS.org Regular

Ended up swapping the acoustic for a Legator Ninja (see NGD in the seven string forum). Sounds like I made a good choice.

5. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Depends how much the acoustic is worth and how easy/hard to sell it is

6. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

I've liked all the Diamond Series guitars I've played, but the basses have seemed meh. Granted, I've only played them at GC with what felt like very old strings and poor set ups (both of which make an enormous difference in how a bass feels, sounds, and plays), so they may be very nice and I just haven't been able to really give one a fair demo. The cheaper basses that I've been most impressed with are the Squiers, the licensed EBMM stuff, and the Chinese Warwicks. All of them can be found with four or five strings, and the Warwicks are around with 6 strings if you look around enough.