Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

CovertSovietBear

ブロリー
Reaction score
If his stuff with Nightmarer keeps on going I'm hoping we'll see a 28+ inch version, whether 6 or 7, as their tunings are F and lower iirc

His old Strictly 7 was 27.5, same with Ola's, but I know he was generally more of a 26-26.5 kind of guy. His BRJs were like 26.2, no?
drumcityguitarland had an 8 string KM1 prototype for sale that was 28"? It was up for a while but don't know where it's gone or if there was more than one.

RobDobble6S7

Professional shit talker
Reaction score
And the strange thing is that no one has heard from Merrow in like... 9 years.
I'm on his discord server, but yeah, his youtube has been basically inactive for a few months now. He's fairly active on his discord server but he just kinda fucks around lol, I have 0 clue what he's been up to

ArtDecade

Tartuffe
Reaction score
I'm on his discord server, but yeah, his youtube has been basically inactive for a few months now. He's fairly active on his discord server but he just kinda fucks around lol, I have 0 clue what he's been up to

Merrow seems to go radio-silent a lot and that is okay if it suits him. That said, you have to put a lot of work into trying to follow him if you are fan and I imagine that Schecter would prefer that he have a more consistent presence.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Merrow seems to go radio-silent a lot and that is okay if it suits him. That said, you have to put a lot of work into trying to follow him if you are fan and I imagine that Schecter would prefer that he have a more consistent presence.

Apparently he stopped the YT thing because he wasn't getting much traffic. Which... would pretty much happen if you have constant bouts of radio silence then drop videos out the blue.

But he's working on another solo album at the moment.

I'm guessing the KM series is a good enough seller regardless, though.

CovertSovietBear

ブロリー
Reaction score
Any pics of it? A google search produced 0 results for me
DCGL had more pics but the link has been down since they sold it. There were other pictures of it hanging on a wall with other Schecter models but Google doesn't produce anything but I know it's out there somewhere.
Funny enough someone made a thread about it, spec'd with Invaders: https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/schecter-km-8-proto-at-dcgl.323212/
34844377204_aa8d9a0d9e.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My guess is that it is the looks and the feature set more than Merrow at this point.

I know, that's why it's such a good seller.

DCGL had more pics but the link has been down since they sold it. There were other pictures of it hanging on a wall with other Schecter models but Google doesn't produce anything but I know it's out there somewhere.
Funny enough someone made a thread about it, spec'd with Invaders: https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/schecter-km-8-proto-at-dcgl.323212/
34844377204_aa8d9a0d9e.jpg

Still a shame the KM8 and baritone KM6 never became a thing.