Schecter John Browne signature?

ArtDecade

Pink Spider
Reaction score
How many people can afford 4K Mayones ?

Its not really an issue of affordability, but market share. Americans will buy literally anything and Mayones is not even a thought over here. Schecter sells tons of instruments here whether 1k imports or 4k USA custom shop models. If you enter a market where Americans are buying, it is just good business sense. And a USA Schecter is as good as anything else out there. Full stop.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Whether an import, USA or both version come out, I see it as a great business move for both parties - John has quite the fanbase, and no matter how you slice it Mayones can't really achieve the same level of endorsement as a company with the size of Schecter, which ultimately means that artists of high enough profile can be poached at some point when larger companies decide they represent a good investment.

As for 4K for a US built guitar, especially at the level of quality Schecter builds them, it's actually not bad at all, and certainly better than tossing that sort of money at yet another fly-by-night "luthier" that takes off via rather dubious endorsements only to either produce a turd, fuck off with people's money, or both. :shrug:

Zado

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If that's the price then same applies to these too.

That, if not more.

What cheaper alternatives are there? Maybe learn how to do fretwork and get an Ibanez Genesis?
Many brands have plenty of more that adequate low to mid end sub 1k instruments. You don't need to spend that kind of money to get a decent guitar

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I personally would choose a Schecter sig/deal versus a Mayones one any day of the week, and I like Mayones. They just don't have the size and reach of Schecter.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
It's amusing how Mayones is not being counted as an "import" in this thread, because it's an expensive brand :lol:

Good for him. He and his band will get more exposure and income and he can still shell big doug on a top tier USA Schecter (at endorser pricing) if he misses Mayones quality.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Schecter artist guitars are touched up by the USA custom shop. My KM7 had the frets touched up and rolled off since it was one of the first made. Ibanez do the same for their artists and endorsers.

Even without any touch ups John Browne’s skill level is at such a high level that the quality of a guitar is barely a hindrance to his playing.

Good for him to land a signature model(it it is), he’s got a paying audience of guitarists from RiffHard which would be worth a lot more to Schecter than bands ten times as popular as Monuments.

Zado

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Funny enough tho, the guy keeps posting Mayo related pics on Instagram, and Schecter keeps liking them :lol:

mpexus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's amusing how Mayones is not being counted as an "import" in this thread, because it's an expensive brand :lol:

Good for him. He and his band will get more exposure and income and he can still shell big doug on a top tier USA Schecter (at endorser pricing) if he misses Mayones quality.
Well to me everything is an Import if I follow the word literally.
I consider an Import when a Brand makes their Gear outside of their own Country. Mayones only makes guitars in Poland so they are not really "Imports" are they ;) If they opened an Indonesian division for example then yes you would have two Mayones, the Made in Poland and the Imports.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Funny enough tho, the guy keeps posting Mayo related pics on Instagram, and Schecter keeps liking them :lol:

Schecyones incoming?

Maybe he’s pulling a Hammett and working with both companies. An inexpensive Indo Schecter, and high dollar Mayos.

BlueTrident

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I reckon he’s only got a prototype for the six string, he’ll get a prototype for a 7 string soon though seeing as both Aaron Marshall and Rob Scallon have had 6 and 7 (and in Rob’s case, 8) models.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Ive been drooling over this since that video dropped. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY SCHECTER.

JimboLodisC

black Ibanez plz
Reaction score
yeah a 7-string Hannes is hard to find for the common pleb but Mayones and Aristides are still selling guitars with them so if they're discontinued then somebody has a stock pile

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
yeah a 7-string Hannes is hard to find for the common pleb but Mayones and Aristides are still selling guitars with them so if they're discontinued then somebody has a stock pile

Pascal mentioned on a recent live stream that Aristides still has some for 7 and I think 1 for 8. Don't quote me on those numbers though. Either way, the stocks are dwindling.

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wonder if they'll end up like the Kahlers for the Slayer guitars, where Kerry and Jeff were taking them off their older guitars to send to ESP for their new ones...
The bridge seems to be saddle assemblies and the rearmost "anchor" piece, as well as the ferrule block on the rear. I don't think either of those two items would be overly hard to reproduce, so perhaps it would be a case of buying spare saddle assemblies from Schaller?...