SBMM now offering SUB Ray4 and Ray5 HH models

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Jan 10, 2020.

1. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

Shit forgot to add my comment I wnated to include. :lol:

Anyone tried these SUB series fuckers? Always wanted a dual-pickup Stingray 5.

3. GenghisCoyne

GenghisCoyne im here to party

I had a 4 string. I sold it because I had to many value buy dad basses. The neck finish doesn't feel as nice. That's sincerely the only complaint I can come up with. It's not to say it isn't nice, just not 2 grand nice. The major redeeming characteristic, for me at least is, this is only way you can get a stingray with factory black hardware on a maple fretboard. So I forgive. If they jump on the roasted maple train I'll buy another one yesterday.

4. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Compared to a full-fat EMBB, the metal on the bridges is way way thinner, and unplugged, they don't "sing" the same.

Why, oh why, won't EBMM ever make a 4-string Stingray with the 5-string's body edge detail? :(

Solodini likes this.
  5. HeHasTheJazzHands

Nothing a birdge swap can't fix. :lol: still will have to check these out. I tried a SUB 5 and loved the feel but i need a 2nd pickup combined for that depth.

And yeah i wish they made a 4 string thay looked like the 5 string. Shit is sliiiick.