Saw Parkway Drive on Sunday

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Thin_Ice_77, Apr 28, 2010.

1. alexmurphy

alexmurphy Banned

Damn :spock: must have gotten high today

regaurdless, i still think those bands sound similar

2. ittoa666

ittoa666 Being confused on SS.org since 2008

:lol:

3. vhmetalx

vhmetalx \m/

uhm i just wanna say in the midst of this BDM and JFAC mess... i know both bands pretty well (been listening to job as long as i have ,etal and BDM follows very closely) and the earliest BDM album was the closest to "deathcore" but wasnt entirely deathcore and from then out were straight melodeath in my opinion. job DID start out very very deathcore (generic drop c deathcore if you ask me.... even tho i still loved them) and then matured into a very good death metal band (not core, not melodic, i think straight death metal.)
    but i would still put them in a group together. theyre both awesome "death" (more like amazing heavy fucking metal. fuck the sub genres) bands in this day. plus they would be more likely to be playing shows together, hell im still surprised CoB and BDM get paired up so often though...
    but yeah. just my :2c: i felt like purging what little knowledge i have/an opinion.

4. Thin_Ice_77

Thin_Ice_77 You'll never make it

Winds of Plague actually went down really well, the crowd went fucking mental for them.

5. ittoa666

ittoa666 Being confused on SS.org since 2008

Found that on youtube a while back. 2 songs with no breakdowns, and it's pretty good. Go's to show that they aren't necessary. The vocals still need work, but its so much better overall.

6. alexmurphy

alexmurphy Banned

That's what I mean
    even though they aren't exactly the same genre, they are still similar in my opinion (moreso than despised icon and parkway drive).

Can I ask, what makes Winds of Plague "core?" (from the cds i have) they don't have breakdowns even in every song, so its not like they are just trying to be brutal. The breakdowns they do have aren't simple and predictable. I mean they aren't the greatest but they are a lot better than, say, Parkway Drive's (my opinion). And they don't follow the typical riff/breakdown/riff/breakdown/slow part/breakdown that a lot of bands do. They don't do "bree" vocals either (as far as i have noticed).

What they do have is a symphonic death metal sound. I think. Unless I am missing something.

7. Triple7

Triple7 The Decepticon

You mean Attack! Attack! is headlining???:nuts: