Saw Parkway Drive on Sunday

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
And it was fucking amazing. The supports were 50 Lions (Winston did guest vocals in one song), The Warriors, Winds of Plague and Despised Icon. They were all pretty decent except for DI, who have replace Job For A Cowboy as the most boring band I've ever seen live. Parkway was brilliant though, they were tight as fuck and everything was perfect. They got some French kid out of the audience to play Sirens Song on drums as well.

Oh, and we met Pie:

SUPER-HANDSOME MOD EDIT: removed the direct link to the pic because that shirtless dweeb creeps me the hell out

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._385093277873_673717873_4038354_4051458_n.jpg

avenger

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ummm people at concerts need to learn how to wear a shirt. Its pretty easy tbh.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sweet deal, dude. :yesway:

They're playing out this way soon and I'd kill to see them, but they're playing with Attack! Attack! and I dunno if I can live with that on my conscience.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Sweet deal, dude. :yesway:

They're playing out this way soon and I'd kill to see them, but they're playing with Attack! Attack! and I dunno if I can live with that on my conscience.

As I read through this post, I got really excited, and then really disappointed. I really want to see them as well, but that is a pretty hefty price to pay. Let me know if you decide to go Randy, I will endure Attack! Attack! with you dude:yesway:

vampiregenocide

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dude do you know a lass called Heidi? She recently saw PD and recommended your band to me so I guess you know how?

alexmurphy

Banned
Reaction score
Not a big Parkway drive fan, but i have to ask...what the hell was winds of plague doing there?? i mean i know they are considered "core" (I dont know why at all..), but honestly they should be opening for someone with an epic feel. I would say they should open for someone along the lines of Dimmu Borgir (ALONG THE LINES!!)

I'm not slamming either WoP or Parkway, but it just doesn't seem like a good match to me, they seem too different from eachother. I would think the hardcore kids would be bored during Winds of Plague (or Despised Icon, for that matter).

that would be like The Devil Wears Prada opening for someone like Dark Tranquility...oh wait... :lol:

And Despised Icon doesn't surprise me as being boring live. Their specific style (similar to JFAC or BDM) really bores me live too. Its too fast and not rhythmic enough to nod your head to, and if you aren't a mosher...then your standing there watching them play.

Anyway, sounds like it was amazing show. Hope they come out to st louis, cause im buying tickets. im a fan of all those bands...except 50 lions or warriors, never heard of either of them.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Metalc0re gig?

You can kinda tell from the generic hardcore-dude clothes they're all wearing :lol: looks like a good time though, but I'm gonna have to agree with the mod about the shirtless dude...what the fuck

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
You can kinda tell from the generic hardcore-dude clothes they're all wearing :lol: looks like a good time though, but I'm gonna have to agree with the mod about the shirtless dude...what the fuck

You know that shirtless dude is cool......:ugh:

ittoa666

Reaction score
I would consider Black Dahlia similar to JFAC or Despised Icon.
and i think they are about as interesting as the other 2 bands live.

Melodic death metal and deathcore are two entirely different things. I personally love seeing them live, and they were fifty times better than jfac. They are not similar at all.

alexmurphy

Banned
Reaction score
Melodic death metal and deathcore are two entirely different things. I personally love seeing them live, and they were fifty times better than jfac. They are not similar at all.

I'm not talking genres, im talking bands

and as far as i know, until their last cd, BDM was deathcore as well. Only cds i know by that band are Nocturnal and Misama. Unless I am thinking about another band...

ittoa666

Reaction score
I'm not talking genres, im talking bands

and as far as i know, until their last cd, BDM was deathcore as well. Only cds i know by that band are Nocturnal and Misama. Unless I am thinking about another band...

I think you might be thinking about another band. Definitely.