S7G Strictly 7 Guitars NAMM 2015 Thread

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Schaug, Jan 23, 2015.

1. IChuckFinleyI

IChuckFinleyI Banned

Dear God! The body of that 4-string bass in the middle is just awful. The horns/cutaways look like Bullwinkle's antlers!

2. Semi-pro

Semi-pro SS.org Regular

About the rainbow colored nice looking one... are the pickups mounted with countersunk screws? Nothing says "we pay attention to detail" like scrap parts!

3. Schaug

Schaug SS.org Regular

This is the statement from one of the new S7G employees that is not Jim lol:

''Thanks for the feedback. Anyone responsible for those build errors is not workong here anymore. This is indeed in the past. I am the head builder of the team. I have had nothing but positive feedback on the guitars I have built. I am confident in my ability as I have been building for some years now having been trained formally at Musicians Institute's guitar craft academy and prior to that apprenticed under a very experienced luthier.

My teammate Chris is doing great work as well and I am confident with quality control being part of my duties, bad eggs will be a thing of the past.''

I dont know what to think really... :scratch:

4. BouhZik

BouhZik SS.org Regular

"Bullsh.t" is something one can think.

5. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

Sounds like every single episode of Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. "Everyone loves it, I'm a great cook, there's nothing wrong with us, it's them."

They tell themselves that when they struggle to bring in 10 orders a night, they're 1 mil in debt, and anyone who does eat their food complains about it.

Again, it doesn't matter what their old builds and shit were like vs what they're doing now. They still owe THOUSANDS of dollars to old customers, they have absolutely ZERO business trying to bring more customers in.

6. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

Was he hired before or after they shipped out the guitar without the back plate.

7. Schaug

Schaug SS.org Regular

I have no clue. Didn't really want to cause a shitstorm with this thread. I just posted what I've seen on FB. According to his words they have a completely new building crew in the company but that surely won't bring what people have lost in both money and patience.

8. MetalDaze

MetalDaze Repless in Seattle

No worries. The negative comments aren't directed towards you personally but rather the mess that Jim created.

9. xzacx

xzacx SS.org Regular

I actually really like the concept for this finish, but the execution looks shoddy as hell. I feel like the colors should probably fade from one to the other, rather that do this...

[​IMG]

10. MJS

MJS .

Unless Jim has removed himself completely from his own business, it will always be garbage and only morons will give him money. Every single thing that has ever gone wrong falls back on him... no one else.

Maybe after a few hundred more problems and ten more re-staffs, he'll finally realize he's the common denominator. :lol:
    Are they still using his name? The guitars they built for him were garbage and literally fell apart. That was a short lived deal and you'd probably be more likely to see Keith go back to playing Agiles before S7.
    That's the great thing about just taking money from people and not giving them anything in return... you suddenly have all this extra cash to buy stuff with. :lol:

11. ferret

ferret Not worthy

Said the same thing to my wife. Goes along with my "Carvin do it properly" comment.

12. Semi-pro

Semi-pro SS.org Regular

^ lmao! :lol: For a while I was thinking that you're joking about your wife's make up or sth and thinking "Hardy har, that was a clever one"... Sorry! :D I'll get me coat...

13. MerlinTKD

MerlinTKD EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory Contributor

I thought the same thing! :lol:

I actually know Wish, he lives in my town, he is a SUPER sweet guy, an old hippie (his own words!) who just ....s around for the hell of it, if people want to buy his stuff, great, if not, he's fine with that too. He does a lot around here with community arts and music, he and his wife both.

But yeah, he comes up with some seriously ....ed up shapes, barely finishes them, and slaps a floating saddle in there. :lol: On the other hand, you always know exactly what you're getting with a WishBass! :idea:

/derail

On topic... I have no experience with S7G other than what's been posted around here over the years... but I hope for the sake of the new staff, things have truly changed. Hate to see them waste their time and reputation on a questionable venture. Fingers crossed! Not that I'll be giving them any of MY money, of course... but mostly because it would need to be in the $200 range (yes, two hundred, I didn't forget a zero) for me to afford it! :D

14. CaptainD00M

CaptainD00M Lungsman

Well considering his prices too, It should be pretty obvious what your in for.

That said is it wrong that I like this?:

[​IMG]

15. Romain

Romain SS.org Regular

A complete new staff without the ones who screwed the customers ? Hmm... If it's true, then the guys have balls. Join a sinking company with such negative reputation is a little masochist. If you are good, you make your own company, unless they want to help stricken customers of SG7 ?

Hmm

16. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I'd watch a show like that and I have the guy in mind that is a nonsense straight talking guy, but unlike Ramsay he isn't a dick and runs a succesful business (Ramsay's restaurant went out of business as he has claimed).
    So I give you Perry Ormby's Luthier Nightmares, going around the world telling pieces of shit luthiers what pieces of shit they are and showing them how to build a functioning guitar. He even has an Aussie accent which is kind of British (don't shoot me Australian friends) that will appeal to US audiences.

17. Jzbass25

Jzbass25 SS.org Regular

I really don't think they can turn around their company, all of those builds look really amateur and shoddy too. They should have shut down a long time ago, I can't imagine a way that they're able to deliver without digging a much bigger financial hole or backlog.

18. slowro

slowro Drunken Scot

Has anyone seen Bernie Rico and Jim in the same place at the same time??? Just sayin

19. bhakan

bhakan SS.org Regular

I played one S7G that I stumbled across in my local guitar center's used section. I can't really tell you anything specifically wrong with it because I picked it up, played one riff and put it right back. It just felt terrible all around.

20. FILTHnFEAR

FILTHnFEAR Dread it, run from it....

^Yup, same experience. The neck felt awful, the finish was spotty, the headstock looked cut uneven. Total amateur hour.