ROTER more affordable Customs

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Apophis, Feb 15, 2009.

1. SamSam

SamSam GAS problems

any idea when these will come to fruition? i'll order one the day the specs come out if it to my liking. superstrat or V post it ill pay the deposit

how about stain finishes?

2. Erick Kroenen

Erick Kroenen SS.org Regular

i think the wood options are really good, the frets and the thin neck i´m not in to, but i can get use to.. in the the body shapes i think you can make a nice V like this http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gu...2-gotm-february-2008-hexers-custom-ran-v.html

and as you say a superstrat, and PRS carved = WIN

congrats i´m sure that if you make this guitars i will buy one of each in 7 string version

also this is my idea of a superstrat [​IMG] very LGM style i know

3. harkonnen8

harkonnen8 SS.org Regular

That's waaay too super for me :D

4. theshred201

theshred201 SS.org Regular

That's kind of cool. It has aspects I like and aspects that I don't.

The specs look awesome still, but I still think wenge would be an awesome option since imo it's one of those things that make Roters distinctive, but as I mentioned before, I don't know if it's a feasible option in terms of keeping price down, build times short, etc. Then again, that's just me wishing to have the specs I want in it.....(contemplates buying one of these 8's both to have an 8 string guitar & to see roters work to decide if I'd like a full custom from them...)

5. Justin Bailey

Justin Bailey SS.org Regular

this sounds incredible, and I'm definitely thinking about getting one of these or at the very least a Roter in general. When it comes to cheap 8 string bridges have you ever thought to get into contact with Kurt over at Agile guitars? He has someone make cheaper versions of the hipshot bridges for the standard intrepids. Although I'm not sure how willing he we would be to sell his bridges to another company, or at the very least tell you where they're made haha. Also, I'd be honored if you used any of my designs;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Sepultorture

Sepultorture Murder Machine

is this going to be string-thru AND trem optioned?

7. Apophis

Apophis Banned

So after reading all that and after LONG discussion with Adam we both decided that we will offer 7 and 8 string models. Now we're talking with companies about making some cheap but high quality 8 string bridges (think Hipshot).

So also as our TRADEMARK as many of you request there will be 1pc WENGE necks as standard, no cheap and average maple anymore :) Guitar construction will be bolt-on, fretboard will be made from EBONY and we will use STAINLESS frets. Maybe we will also using LOCKING tuners, but it's not 100% sure :) As body woods we will offer ash, mahogany and alder. Pickups - custom made Merlin pickups for 7 and 8 strings.

To make that in 800$ price range or below 1000$ for an 8 string we have to decide what scale we can offer. We calculated that no more than 2 scales can be offered to save costs, cause we can't have in stock to many useless necks, every in different scale. So I ask you what scale use?? We think something like 27" and 30" will bge most welcome, this way there will be 4 different configurations - number of strings and scale)

So any other suggestions???
    Thanks

8. caughtinamosh

caughtinamosh SS.org-er

Totally OT, but that's a horrible text colour to use in conjunction with the gray background, Sebastian :).

9. Apophis

Apophis Banned

I know it was by mistake :D

10. caughtinamosh

caughtinamosh SS.org-er

But back to on topic. I think you've really struck a goldmine here Sebastian. "Cheap" (and I hate that word - it has connotations with poor quality, which I'm sure Roter doesn't suffer from) customs are largely missing from the market, so you've found something of a gap. I might just have to pick one of these up :).

11. Apophis

Apophis Banned

lets say AFFORDABLE :D

12. caughtinamosh

caughtinamosh SS.org-er

What about customers requesting to send in their own hardware? For example, say I have two Bare Knuckle eight string pickuos, are you able to build me an eight string, I ship the BKs over to Poland, and you fit them? Similarly with a bridge or tuners etc.

13. Senensis

Senensis Green stuff

On the topic of scales, the 27/30" choice you were mentioning is for 8 strings only or 7 as well ?
    I'm sure at least some -if not most- people prefer 25,5" for 7s, and I don't really know if there is a market for 7 string 30" if you can get an 8 for the same price.

Also, what about the headstocks ? I suppose you'll have only one to offer but... we wanna see it ! ;)

And on a totally selfish note, I want a 25,5" 7 string :lol:

14. Alpo

Alpo ... Contributor

Maybe the seven string model could have a choice of 25,5" and 27" scales. 30" seems a bit much for a seven.

Would be nice if you could have your choice of pickups. I know I'd want Bare Knuckles. Charge more if you have to.

Otherwise, as long as it's built well (of which I have no doubt :)), has good quality hardware and looks nice, I'd definitely buy one.

15. sethh

sethh ss.org SpongeBob

i love that shape!

this one looks cool too, especially the tilted edges on the body look comfortable: Roter Custom Guitars

16. Sepultorture

Sepultorture Murder Machine

25.5"-27" for 7's
    27"-30" on 8's

that sounds most reasonable

17. Alpo

Alpo ... Contributor

That shape without the "spikes" would be really nice!

18. Apophis

Apophis Banned

1. hardware supplied by customer - pickups ONLY - there will be such options
    2. scale - what about 26" and 28" for both 7 and 8 strings - 4 options of configuration

I have to have possibility to build this guitar AFFORDABLE and as good as every custom we did/do without wasting time for deliveries, ordering parts from all over the world every time and all that stuff which is involved in every custom guitar I do/did. So I can't order different pickups for every guitar. When I order bigger amount of Merlin pickups I can have them cheaper, so you understand. This is really that simple :)

19. caughtinamosh

caughtinamosh SS.org-er

Yeah, that makes sense Sebastian. My train of thought was that the customers might well want to upgrade the pickups anyway, so why not have them installed at the beginning, saving time and Merlin pickups :).

As for scale, your revised options also make sense, but I'd change the 28" to 30" for the eight string. Everyone wants to know how Meshuggah manage to achieve such clarity, and the extended scale is the answer :yesway:.

20. Apophis

Apophis Banned

but this way I HAVE to have 26", 28" and 30" scale necks, what from my view makes me to involve a lot more work and wood ONLY for possibility of order. I can't make every neck every time, I have to have them in stock.