Rocktron Patchmate...HNRS

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Mourguitars, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Mourguitars

Mourguitars SS.org Regular

653447D9-21E8-4100-8167-D2945D9F0762.jpeg 6728644A-9E34-4768-8B7E-4E4187574663.jpeg

Rocktron patchmate I bought this week , nice clean unit. I got the old version due to it can do stereo vs the newer one. I run a lot of stereo effects so had to buy a bunch of cables, may need a few extra TRS female to 1/4 male jacks...don’t know yet but GC is a few miles away..

Been reading the manual all week so ...going to unplug all the cables from my rack , draw the way I want to hook everything up and start wiring in the a.m

Wish me luck !

Mike

odibrom likes this.
  2. Mourguitars

Nothing on youtube about setting and hooking everything up so I hit the manual hard got everything working and was easier than I thought !

I did watch that RJM vid on setting up the All Access that helped with the set up some..

Mike

c7spheres likes this.
  3. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

I use to own the patchmate. I'm familiar with it if any questions. The biggest issue is noise like hum and stuff like that. Isolation of components and proper grounding, such as the star grounding method work best. You can also use the n.o. and n.c jacks for relay/ channel switching too. so you can connect effects and switch amp channels at the same time.

Mourguitars likes this.
  4. Mourguitars

Oh thanks for the reply back and I’m sure I’ll have questions. I have it wired mono ( pre amps) Jmp-1, Piranha then next loops are stereo TRS to Prophesy, Replifex and Intellifex then TRS to in and TRS to out power amp just like the wiring diagram above shows.

I set it up watching that RJM vid like the way he said , got it working on presets very basic but I’ll tackle it in the a.m

Only thing i noticed is a slight tone suck, no noticeable hum as of yet, the midi now that’s where it will be tricky but I got this far so I’ll figure it out

Mike

c7spheres likes this.
  5. NorCal_Val

NorCal_Val SS.org Regular

I’ve had mine since ‘96-ish.
    I’d love to build a pedalboard in a rack and use it again.

Mourguitars likes this.
  6. op1e

op1e Spirit Taker

Wish I had that version. Has an extra loop too? I just re did my setup. Hardest thing was wrapping my brain around putting my RV-6 in the loop and other preamps and still being able to output my gsp1101 stereo into a power amp. Hurts my brain a little.

Mourguitars likes this.
  7. Mourguitars

LOL...i'm so brain dead today from setting it up yesterday, wore me out physically and mentally !

Mike

8. Mourguitars

Since this unit doesn't have a buffer, should i put my boost pedal that is buffered in L1 at the beginning then my pre amps ( mono ) then the TRS stereo for my effects and stereo out to power amp ?

Mike

9. op1e

op1e Spirit Taker

Here's how I run mine. The first four loops at the top are pre. The next set of loops are post.

1: Gate
    2: Overdrive
    3: Overdrive
    4: (blank)
    5: BE OD
    6: Mooer 005
    7: RV-6
    8: Sonic Stomp (or Spark Boost)

Mourguitars likes this.
  10. Mourguitars

Oh thanks op1e ! got it !

11. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

It depends on how the Patchmate reacts to it. Some pedals may or may not help it. Buffers can either help or add to the noise, but normally a buffer in front should help seeing that the Patchmate is true bypass loops. I never had a signal loss issue with it though. I remember there was a mod for the Patchmate that actually did buffer the loops if I remember right. I think it was just some type of resistors added to the loops somehow, which also helped dampen the click/pop noise voltage when switching.

Mourguitars likes this.