MannyMoonjava

8string ChillHop
Reaction score
Hello guys! :wavey:
My name is Jørgen, 14yearold guitarist from norway.
By the way, Calling me mean things just because of my age is not acceptable.
I play 8string beacause i like it, not just to be cool with 2 extra strings.
I'll upload some songs at the bottom of the site.
Sorry for that, i just hate pointless mean people pushing other people down..

WELL
I was too noob to make a NGD thread when it arrived. And i could not quite make an opinion about it in the start.
Going directly form 25.5 six to a 28.625 eight was hard.
I've owned this guitar for about a year now and i think its time it gets its own Review.
It deserves it.

Info under each pic!

DSC_0089.jpg

The Start
Ohh i remeber it well,
I fell in love with this guitar at rondo music last spring.
These were harsh times.
My parents were getting devorced and my life-force were minimum. Guitar playing faded away and I lost inspiration.
One day out of the blue i found this strange looking site called Rondomusic. Finding this guitar randomly at RondoMusic gave me a hope,
and something to work for!
I love the gloomy feeling that finish makes!

SPECS:
Double cutaway light mahogany arch top body
5 piece maple/walnut neck-thru body design with headstock matching body 28.625" scale
USA Made Kahler Locking Tremolo
USA Made EMG 808 Pickups
Ebony fretboard with no markers. Position markers are located on the side of the neck.
24 Extra Jumbo 2.9mm frets and a 15" radius neck for fast play
Grover Die Cast Tuners
Two volume controls and pickup selector switch
Width of the neck at the nut 2 ¼”
Satin Polyurethane Finish

DSC_0095.jpg

The Back
All my other 6's are bolt ons, and im okay with that but:
Necktrough is just amazing.
Necktrough makes acces to all frets super easy!
Its a thing of perference but for me its great!

DSC_0120.jpg

lol
DSC_0092.jpg

The Neck
Well as mentioned in the Intro
going directly from 6 to baritone 8 was hard.
I had never played any 7's or 8's before.
Everyone i know told me it would be hard,
but somehow my fingers get great comfort on this neck.
Its big but its not to big, or wide.

Because of the 28.625 scale, the frets get alot bigger,
it makes arpeggioing on higher register very easy acctually because my fingers get enough space. It was a pain to get used to,
but now its awesome with larger frets.

DSC_0116.jpg

Mhhhhh interceptor pro!!

4r7eqqxv3

DSC_0124.jpg

Flaws
I dont think this guitar has any but if i had to pick one i'd go with the weight. Its very heavy, and i think i would prefer the body to be a bit thinner.
But its an 8string wtf did i expect! :lol:

OTHER:

The EMG 808's:
They are fantastic.
Personally i like them best on clean because of that amazing sound omg! They are great and sound mouch better than any of my other guitars on distortion as well.

Strings:

Its very hard to find strings for my guitar here in Norway so im currently using Labella's Crazy 8's.
I think they are great,
they sound massive and punchy for slapbass-like clean playing :bowdown:
They are rocking on distortion also :hbang:

Oh yes CLIPS OF IT

Here are some clips recorded with my agile!

Distortion Using it as the guitar it is:
Moonjava Song by MannyMoonjava on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Distortion Using it as a rythm/djent guitar:
Hope of Blue by MannyMoonjava on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Clean Jazz finger playing:
Mayli Jazz Test by MannyMoonjava on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This guitar will be my main guitar for a long time.
I might get an Intrepid Bloodburst, just to getaway from the kahler and double locking.
But that is some time ahead. I'll just love the guitars i have, and look for others when i have cash.
I really dont need any other guitars but thinking about playing live, I like to have atleast one backup guitar.
I use all the strings, so if I break one just before im about to play, I need a backup.

This guitar has really taken a huge part in my life.
I love this guitar.

stuglue

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah its a great colour. I get my first 8 string in May but have opted for a shorter scale so that its notes hard on my hands

MannyMoonjava

8string ChillHop
Reaction score
Congrats on a sick guitar youngin ;) I was just wondering why the chrome volume knob?
Yeah i played in a band a while ago and me and the bassist switched knobs before a show, after the show be should switch back and he destroyed his tone pot. The Agile knobs were to tight on his bass while the bass knobs fits perfectly on the Agile.

He is afraid that if i tries to pull out the other knob he will damage the volume pot. So thats why i still have the Silver knob :lol:

MannyMoonjava

8string ChillHop
Reaction score
Yeah its a great colour. I get my first 8 string in May but have opted for a shorter scale so that its notes hard on my hands

How short? everything under 27" would sound sloppy. But with the right strings there's no limit what you can do :cool::shred:

failshredder

hammer every cock
Reaction score
Dude, not going to lie, that first track was RAD. You've got decent chops and some great ideas. Plus you sound different. *high-five*

MannyMoonjava

8string ChillHop
Reaction score
Dude, not going to lie, that first track was RAD. You've got decent chops and some great ideas. Plus you sound different. *high-five*
Thanks kind man of great knowledge! I dont want to sound as anyone else xD
Djenting around is just to chill, but people has heard it before..

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Some insist that everything under 27" would sound sloppy, but with the right strings there's no limit what you can do :cool::shred:
Fixed.

I have four 25.5" 8-strings, at this point all tuned down to E1, all with sufficient tension to sound good. I've even had two of them tuned down to Bb0, again with the correct gauges to give the correct tension to avoid being sloppy.

If you visit the String Tension Megathread, there are many stories where people actually tried intelligently upping the gauge (not just guessing, but knowing the target tension and finding the right gauge to get there) and it worked. I know it worked for me.

mustache79

I like to play
Reaction score
Nice axe. I have the Septor 828 an love it to death. I have small hands but it I don't find the guitar much more difficult to play than my standard scale guitars. I actually find that the longer scale feels fantastic for the music I'm playing right now.

After messing with the Septor for a few weeks my standard scale guitars feel funny, like little toys or something..? lol

Anyways, congrats on the axe, and nice chops brother!

MannyMoonjava

8string ChillHop
Reaction score
Fixed.

I have four 25.5" 8-strings, at this point all tuned down to E1, all with sufficient tension to sound good. I've even had two of them tuned down to Bb0, again with the correct gauges to give the correct tension to avoid being sloppy.

If you visit the String Tension Megathread, there are many stories where people actually tried intelligently upping the gauge (not just guessing, but knowing the target tension and finding the right gauge to get there) and it worked. I know it worked for me.

Yeah sorry im not so into that, as long as i can play its fine by me :lol::lol:

MannyMoonjava

8string ChillHop
Reaction score
What are your opinions on the khaler?

The kahler is great! But its a bit difficult to understand some times. There is a clutch that can lock the vibarm so that it doesnt spin around, thats great for live performance :shred:

vansinn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hei Jørgen, det var greit, det ;)

Some really nice jazzy chops in your Moonjava song, and the clean jazz with Brazilian vibes is a cool alternative way of hearing 8-stringers.
No doubt you have a future!
I can hardly believe you ain't faking your age ;)

Which strings are you using?

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
That is one of the best looking interceptor 8s iv seen in a long time! good score!

A simple but good and fair review too

MannyMoonjava

8string ChillHop
Reaction score
Hei Jørgen, det var greit, det ;)

Some really nice jazzy chops in your Moonjava song, and the clean jazz with Brazilian vibes is a cool alternative way of hearing 8-stringers.
No doubt you have a future!
I can hardly believe you ain't faking your age ;)

Which strings are you using?

Thank you alot for positive feedback! I apreciate that :lol:
i use the Labella Crazy 8's because they are the best for me and easiest to get :):metal: