Returning to skateboarding after 23 years.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Random Youtube browsing led me to a physics girl video about the weird physics of skateboard tricks. This is pretty much for anyone who is both skateboarder and science nerd.

kreepyteach

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm so glad this is a thread here! Keep it going! Remember, just like in guitar; it's always about expressing yourself. And if you're having trouble with the tricks remember you can always paint your crusiers! Nothing like a good stencil and a few cans of spray paint?!?!?

bastardbullet

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey,

This is from tonights stationary ollie progression take;

I know it’s been 3 months but i really have no time to skate consecutively to improve/discover other tricks currently. My workload goes insane at this time of the year, maybe i’ll have more days as the autumn kicks in.

Anyways, i’ve regained all my balance and height after 22 years. Now i’m after that boned ollie motion. Also, i can land them while rolling but not this high of course. Obstacles are still a nope either, we’ll see. I can easly land almost every shuvit and pop shuvit but still not while rolling. I also have to look into it.

Weird thing is; i’ve completely lost the sense of my kickflips. I couldn’t land a single one since june but as i’ve said, i could only skate once or twice a day in a whole month, guess i need more time for it.