Returning Member!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by CrazyDean, Nov 11, 2020.

1. CrazyDean

CrazyDean SS.org Regular

I haven't posted in over 2 years here because I simply stopped playing. I'm not sure if 'Member Introductions' is the right place for this, but I feel like a new member.

A lot has changed in my life since I left: new job, new city (twice), new house, new cats. It's nearly all positive, though, and I can't complain a bit.

About 5 years ago, I decided to go back to school and finish my bachelor's degree. While in school, I sold all of my guitars and amps to fund living expenses. I was glad to have something worth selling as my free time was dwindling and the need for music gear was doing the same.

Fast forward to now and I've found myself with the most free time I've had in years and a desire to get back into guitar. However, there's very little left in the way of gear. Currently, I have a cheap Epiphone along with some picks, straps, cables, and other misc small items.

After a trip to Guitar Center and poking around online, I have realized that a lot of changes have been made in gear offerings and capabilities. Since I haven't played at all in over two years, I intend to start back at Square 1. Can you guys help me out here? I'm looking for some online beginner lessons, youtube or otherwise.

I'm so glad that this forum is still around and I look forward to interacting with you guys again!

BenjaminW, Seabeast2000 and TimSE like this.