Replacing a Solar tuners/bridge with Hipshot?

fffoxxx

feel it all around
Reaction score
I just ordered the Solar Guitars A2.7 (Lemon Neon Matte) and I'm already thinking about some mods...

Specifically, replacing:
  1. stock standard tuners with hipshot locking tuners (definitely)
  2. stock bridge with a hipshot fixed bridge (maybe)
Has anyone ever done this mod? How do I know if the hipshot bridge will fit on this guitar?

I've never modded anything on a guitar myself, so any help is appreciated!

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is there a reason you're thinking about replacing the bridge? From all accounts I've seen, it seems like a decent bridge. What are you hoping to improve with the Hipshot?

fffoxxx

feel it all around
Reaction score
Is there a reason you're thinking about replacing the bridge? From all accounts I've seen, it seems like a decent bridge. What are you hoping to improve with the Hipshot?

Good question. I'm a "maybe" for replacing the stock bridge, depending how much I like/dislike the feel of it. I have a hipshot on my 8-string and it's by far the most comfortable bridge I've ever played.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
And the factory tuners work just fine as well. Get some play time on it before you decide to drop more money.

fffoxxx

feel it all around
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm definitely going to stick with the stock bridge, and probably won't bother to change the tuners for at least a few string changes.

However, after having locking tuners on all my other guitars I don't think I can live with non-locking anymore. Yes, I'm definitely spoiled, but they make changing strings soooo much easier and faster.

Chris Bowsman

Nu-Metal Apologist
Contributor
Reaction score
And the factory tuners work just fine as well. Get some play time on it before you decide to drop more money.

Agreed. It’s been a long, long time since I’ve seen any factory tuners that don’t work pretty well.

I get using locking to speed up string changes, but I bet most tuner “problems” could be solved by learning how to file a nut and string properly.