Recommendations for pup replacement on a BTB 675

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by DJTanZen, Dec 28, 2014.

1. DJTanZen

DJTanZen SS.org Regular

So I was thinking of replacing the pickups in my BTB 675. i was looking at Nordstrand pickups. What do you guys think and any other recommendations would be awesome!

2. FretSpider

FretSpider Well-Known Member

Nordy's all the way. Seriously! I was an EMG and Bartolini guy for years, and used one or the other depending on what I needed. Nordstands effectively became my pickup of choice, at least for soapbars. They just completely blew me away. They can go from muddy to crystal clear and bell-like with the turn of a knob.

I haven't tried their precision or jazz sets yet, though for those, I always preferred Seymore Duncan's. If they can beat the Duncan's, I'll go Nordstrand all the way around.

At any rate, if you decide to go with the Nordstrands, go with the Fat Stacks :)

3. crg123

crg123 SS.orgLocalArchitect

I have the Nordy Big singles in the Premium 1406e Model BTB. I love them, they were one of the big factors to what made me decide to go with that versus the lower end versions. The Fat stacks are suppose to be great as well (and less noisy haha).

4. FretSpider

FretSpider Well-Known Member

That's the bass that got me into Nordstand's. I want one so BAAAAAAAAAD!!! Every time I get money saved up to get one, something weird goes wrong :(