Recommend me some unique preamp pedals(cheapish)

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by js75, Jul 29, 2020.

1. js75

js75 SS.org Regular

I have a katana 2 head,run a savage drive ,through a 2x12.Sounds pretty good.Would like to get a cheaper preamp and run into the power amp section,for some different flavor.Was thinking something like an amt O2,anything with an Orange flavor.Any other killer high gain pedals out there you guys are using that sound unique.Modern metal tone,affordable.Say under $200 CAD

2. ATRguitar91

ATRguitar91 SS.org Regular

If you want the Orange sound and a single preamp pedal, the AMT O2 is probably your best bet. There's also a variety of the Mooer preamp pedals, but I don't believe there's an Orange specific model.

The Joyo Preamp House sounds pretty good based on Pariah VS Gear's demo. It has a variety of amp models, including an Orange model.

If you want pure high gain modern metal, the Amptweaker Tight Metal series and the Megalith Delta are both killer sounding, especially since you have a Savage Drive to boost them (my favorite boost). Both are a bit hard to find used and it may push your $200 CAD budget, but they can both cover a lot of territory in the modern metal spectrum.

3. Carl Kolchak

Carl Kolchak Last of the famous international playboys

https://plxfx.bigcartel.com/product/droogen-overdrive

4. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

I was just about to hop in here and suggest an O2. I still really want to try one.

The P2, R2, and K2 i tried all sounded great. The R2 will always hold a special place in my heart.

5. Emperoff

Emperoff Hasta la vista, Baby Contributor