Recabinet 3 vs. POD HD Internal Cab Sims

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by KhzDonut, Feb 21, 2013.

1. KhzDonut

KhzDonut Luthier, Gamer, Heretic

Here's a short video showing the basic difference in sound between the POD HD's internal Mesa Boogie 4x12 and Recabinet 3's Mesa Boogie 4x12, and the Sennhesier MD409 mic models.

It's not really designed to test how good either can potentially sound, the sound could definitely be tweaked to be a little more flattering to both products, but it does demonstrate some of the inherent differences between the two cab sims. The flexibility of Recabinet definitely has me sold, and the ability to change cabinets on the fly during post production has proven pretty invaluable, so I'd definitely recommend this to anybody who wants to improve their POD HD's sound without spending a huge wad of cash.

http://youtu.be/iif5VW7aqXw

jmeezle likes this.
  2. jmeezle

jmeezle SS.org Regular

Thanks for doing this! I use Redwirez but this backs up my opinion that the POD HD cab sims are much better off being bypassed and then using another cab sim option.

3. Kylezan

Kylezan SS.org Regular

I was under the impression that the HD line couldn't bypass its own cab sims. Did the update come out or am i just dumb?

4. KhzDonut

KhzDonut Luthier, Gamer, Heretic

I'm not sure when the update came out, it wasn't something I ever tried doing until recently, but you definitely can bypass them on the Desktop ("Bean") model now.

5. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Recabinet is so sick for now what is 20 bucks! (I paid way more for mine!)

You outta try the TSE x50 red channel while you are at it. It's gaining (no pun intended) a lot of love:

TSE AUDIO - Software