Re-NGD: My Name Is PRinSe

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by BrailleDecibel, Oct 1, 2018.

1. BrailleDecibel

BrailleDecibel 55.0r6 R36ul@r

Pr0n first, my novella afterwords:

DSCF1794[1].jpg DSCF1795[1].jpg DSCF1798[1].jpg DSCF1799[1].jpg

As some of you may remember, I acquired a Paul Reed Smith SE CU24 7 in amethyst purple a couple of years ago. Sadly, I wound up selling it a little under a year later as I needed the money at the time, and for some reason, it didn't quite jive with me and what I thought I wanted in a 7-string. Fast-forward through the next year and a half, and my regret grew with the passage of time as I remembered the amazing 3D quality of the purple flame-maple top, the way the neck was just right, the perfect marriage between a Wizard-II and the old Schecter necks...I could go on for days. :lol:

Anywho, a couple weeks back, I decided to grab a cheap fiddle as a birthday gift to myself (It's on the 9th...if anyone is wondering, I come in a size general-admission of Bury Your Dead tickets), and I began scouring Reverb, Guitar Center Used, all that good stuff us guitarists use to get our GAS going. I considered Ibanez, Schecter, LTD, Douglas...pretty much everything under the sun save for my PRS I sold to my buddy, which he said he would sell back to me if I ever felt like re-acquiring it.

Then the idea came to me one night, I messaged him to see if he was still ok with the idea, and fast-forward once again to today, and I am now again the proud owner of what is easily, bar-none the best 7-string I have ever played. I am so stoked that it's quite possible I grew a tail just to wag it in excitement, and I doubt the honeymoon period for this one is wearing off anytime soon, if ever. :lol: Will update later with outdoorsy pics, but even though it's dark out, I just had to show you guys this thing. :D

2. tylerpond05

tylerpond05 Mormon Metalhead

It's always nice to be re-united with an old friend.

BrailleDecibel likes this.
  3. BrailleDecibel

Did a quick little cover on my awful webcam for the lulz, and to give somewhat of a rough idea of what this thing sounds like until I can finish a proper recording, which I will drop here when tracked. Enjoy!

fps and Obsidian Soul like this.
  4. BrailleDecibel

The outdoorsy pr0n, as promised. :sharpie:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    Yellowcat surveying my new find...I think he digs it. :D
    4.jpg

Anquished likes this.
  5. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

Congrats!
    I have the vintage sunburst SE-7 myself and really like it after a pickup upgrade (Duncan Pegasus & Sentient). Mine also has a very 3D top on it, looks gorgeous. I love the purple.

6. BrailleDecibel

Thank you, there is definitely no arguing with that purple. :D The sunburst would be my second choice for this guitar if I had indeed had a choice lol, this was the only one available to me, but at least someone here on SS.O gets to enjoy that epic burst!! :cheers:

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  7. BrailleDecibel

As I said way back when, I would drop a proper recording of this beast once I had one, and it looks like that day has come!! It is my brother and me on this recording, him on his Warwick Corvette Std. 5-string, and of course me jammin' some PRS goodness. Hope anyone who decides to have a listen enjoys themselves!! :D

https://clyp.it/kjd2omqt?token=a773dda29db48c83cba79b6265432d5a

fps likes this.
  8. Anquished

Anquished hhnice!

Man that looks sweet. I missed out on the Royal Blue version years ago and I've been kicking myself since.

I managed to snag a SVN this year instead.

9. BrailleDecibel

10. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

Out of curiosity, what are you using for the low B?

11. BrailleDecibel

A 0.70, which I tune back and forth between B and A whenever the fancy strikes me. Even with the 25" scale, if you toss one of those bad boys on there, you are pretty well made in the shade as far as eliminating string flap. :D