Rate my mix! (djenty)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Danklin, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Danklin

Danklin SS.org Regular

sup guys lmk what you think of this mix. Still learning all of this. Any honest feedback would be so helpful tbh!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/51s8bayfhjrwca1/invdjentintro_1.5.wav?dl=0

drop F#
    plugins used
    Reaper, Slate digital VMR, Grey Mix rack, tape saturator on master

guitars: fortin nameless 8 string preset, inf eq, kilo gate, VMR
    bass: Avalanch MIDI bass pro and di
    drums: Modern and massive

2. Empryrean

Empryrean Plucks strings

hot DOG that's a lot of reverb on the snare. I'd say try to compress it more to get that big snappy sound without the reverb tails. I'm no mix master so that's about it, tone sounds good and drum tones sound good to me too. maybe cut the bass on the guitars too, somewhere below 50hz and between 150 to 300 just put a little dip in there to get better separation from the kicks.

RobertVII likes this.
  3. RobertVII

RobertVII SS.org Regular

I agree with Empryean, I think the snare has too much verb. You could probably compress it more too tbh. I usually go for around -10 reduction for snares. The guitars seem like they're pumping a bit much to me too. Try using a multi-pressor instead of a compressor on them and hit around 80-140hz. It'll help keep the palm muting under control but still keep the heaviness for the picked notes. The kick could come up too. Try bringing out the 80hz frequency some more so it hits a tad harder too.