Randy Blythe (LOG) - Online Raging via Twitter

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Rick, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Someone tell him typing in all caps makes him pass for a moron.

2. loktide

loktide dotlike Contributor

way to make a fool out of himself :noway:

3. ShadowFactoryX

ShadowFactoryX OMNIHILITY

in addition to all the other stupid crap he says

what have they innovated on exactly? LOG is just a groovy-er/thrashy-er version of pantera. on top of that, their not real good :shrug:

LOG: *cant djent, gets mad*

4. Augury

Augury f*ckin bow down!

yes, lamb of god is definately the biggest virtuosery ever to say if there is djent or not ._.
    i have no idea if i can call djent a genre, but if someone says djent i know "aaa its something like periphery". if someone says "brutal technical death metal" i know "aaa it's something like beneath the massacre". even though they are both heavy metal, there is a 'little' difference between them.
    people call group of bands djent because it's hard to classify it to an other genre. someone would say, it's progressive death metal. but obscura is progdeath too, and they sound very different from after the burial etc (think yo get what i mean)
    so, i mean, ppl are calling those bands (VoM, periphery, ATB, AaL etc.) "djent", because they aren't the same as other bands. djent hat a specificaly tones, techniques, chords and so on.

5. guitarister7321

guitarister7321 Ibanez

“Cantplayinreallifebutcanonacomputer-core”

LOL

6. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

Absolutely correct.

I don't understand why people insist on making the issue simple when it is so clearly not. As Double A stated earlier - there is no turning back. The record companies have overwhelming odds stacked against them and the less cash in the pockets of those that do it for the money not the music is fine by me, though that's not to say that there aren't those in the music management industry who do love music that are also suffering.

The issue is not simple, but the solution is: find a way to make money from the way things will be done in the future, not the past.

Daemoniac likes this.
  7. ivancic1al

ivancic1al Probrem?

Hey I can pointlessly rant on my twitter account too. :coffee:

It made me :lol: when he spelled "etc" as : "ect" a couple of times though.

And as far as bashing other people for lacking innovation, as my friend would say, "the irony is delicious."
    Oh Randy...

8. Thrashmanzac

Thrashmanzac plays in 69/42

wow, he sounds like a complete idiot haha

9. SenorDingDong

SenorDingDong Smeller of Smells

Okay, so based off of the arguments every pro-downloader put forth, would you all mind PMing me your Social Security number and bank account information?

Seeing as they are not physical items, you should have no worries. Besides, there is only a potential that I may use them anyways.

And hey, maybe if I like you enough, I'll give some of that money back. :idea:

Actually, I don't think I should pay you back for it, because regardless of if you worked for that money, it's not physical. It's in a computer, which makes it okay for me to take.

Not like I stole from a store right?

If you argue, I'll just say,
    'Well, times have changed. Get on with it. The things you labored over are now mine. Your boss is greedy and corrupt, just like his boss was and the boss before him. I think everything you make should be dished out to me free of charge to compensate me for something that never happened to me. Don't like it? Oh well, I'll take it either way. This is the new generation. So fork it over.'

SirMyghin likes this.
  10. Scar Symmetry

Can someone please make a Randy Blythe meme?

11. Nile

Nile Giver of the Likes

I still like Lamb of God after this.

12. Nile

Nile Giver of the Likes

The etc and ect depends on how you would say it, Randy has an odd southern accent kinda thing so how it sounds when he says it would probably make him think ect, and probably say it that way too.

13. Prydogga

Prydogga Giddyup.

Just like we have our Dream Theater, Periphery, Devin Townsend etc megathreads, I think we need a 'RANDY BLYTHE SAYS THINGS' thread.

14. Scar Symmetry

Completely separate logic. Music is something you choose to release and/or stay in the business of knowing the risks. Playing music for a living and making money from people idolising and praising you is a privilege, not a right.

15. Fred the Shred

Fred the Shred Shrederick

And getting the songs an artist worked his arse off making without his consent or just compensation is a right neither you or anyone possesses, I'm sorry to say.

16. etcetera

etcetera SS.org Regular

Yes. And there are already people who are doing quite well by embracing the changes, rather than fighting them. The Flashbulb (Benn Jordan) and his label Alphabasic are pretty well known examples of this. All of the music he releases he also uploads to popular torrent sites, with a note basically saying "if you like it, consider buying it or donating". I'm not saying that just because he does it, it makes it ok to download any other artists music, or that they should be obligated to do the same, but he's a pretty successful artist for his genre so I imagine it's working for him. This probably isn't even the best solution, but the point is he's attacking the problem in a progressive way, and the results have been positive.

Also, I find that anonymous neg-rep kind of hilarious. Rather than telling me to leave, why don't you openly address/argue against my opinion, which seems to upset you so.

Double A likes this.
  17. Scar Symmetry

Again, a privilege and not a right. We all have our bias and I'm aware that it's possible to work very hard at music, but if you are fully aware of risks within an industry it is wise to have a plan B and maybe even a plan C is it not?

18. _velkan

_velkan SS.org Regular

i dont know why are you all picking on him UG style...he has some pretty valid arguments, maybe he's not expressing himself very well but he speaks the truth...

that "djent" thing is just ridiculous, Metal has too many "names" for sub-genres, most of them do not have any real differences. Maybe i'm being a purist but thats how i feel about the subject... i say kudos for Randy for speaking out about that!

19. Blake1970

Blake1970 SS.org Regular

Sounds like he just has an opinion on something. No big deal.

20. SenorDingDong

SenorDingDong Smeller of Smells

You choose to go to work every day. You chose what job you took. You don't think you did? You applied and accepted. That is choice. You could easily stay home and your bills would go unpaid and you would be evicted.

Why are musicians any different? They chose their career. They work just as hard as everyone else. Now they have to work much, much harder than everyone else, do to people like you.

Why should you be allowed to steal from them? What gives you that right? You pay for the goods, you get them. You don't pay and take them anyways, and you are stealing.

Try to rationalize how you want, you are still a blatant thief.

A thief, is a thief, is a thief. Nothing will ever change that.

I bet every single person who has ever stolen can come up with a brash justification for their actions.
    Then again, they would still be wrong, because they stole.

Every criminal has a warped sense of justifications for their actions.

That simple enough and close enough for you?

EDIT: How is it some people can be so against plagiarism, the act of stealing someones music and claiming it as your own work, but so supportive of stealing music, and claiming it as your own property?