Random Pics of Your Rig

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Michael, Feb 17, 2008.

1. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

They're sick little pedals. They pretty much only do one sound that's technically terrible, but for certain applications it's the only one that'll do. Go listen to "Chrono" by The Ghost Inside. The LF7, when used in a high gain amp's FX loop, will make the sound small/honky/radio-ish like the intro and outro to that song. Not the best quality bypass switch and jacks, but the enclosure and knobs are super solid.

I actually just picked up a second one for way cheap to use on my secondary board or as a backup. Definitely scoop one up to try out sometime :yesway: even if you don't like it, you'll only be out $50 tops and could pretty easily sell it for most/all of your money back.

2. Noxon

Noxon Is a Lurker

Man, who wants to post after The War Against Time?:lol: That rig is insane:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Here is my extremely humble contribution... The 8 has an M8C in the bridge now and I just got the matching Titan 7 neck for the 7. I hope to get a 1U Carvin SS power amp and a Furman power conditioner for the rack very soon.

[​IMG]

Dawn of the Shred likes this.
  3. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

i havent updated my profile since i joined. i have gone through so many things. with the new addition of the ampeg vh140c today i finally feel a sense of wholeness for the first time since i got my 6505. heres some of what im running these days.
    the cab shown is just my home cab loaded with an eminence tonker and peavey blue marvel. i have a traynor 4x12 w v30s at my jam space too. thats my new ibanez white ironlabel freshly modded to fit an 80g and 75g, not seen is my old black ibanez rg8 with a painkiller in the bridge and also modded to fit an 80g and 75g.
    my 6505 has been having gain/vol drops once in a while so i havent been using it but for quite a while now ive been using a pedal board based rig (which i LOVE btw) , boss tuner - maxon st9 pro+ or a micro tubescreamer - tightmetal pro - mxr 10 band eq - decimator - boss ps6 - digitech supernatural reverb - digitech jamman stereo - artpro tube mp preamp - into either a magnum 44 poweramp or artpro SLA2 power amp or sometimes even my vintage traynor pm300 poweramp.
    (today i traded my art SLA2 with my art tube mp preamp + $$$ for the ampeg, so my pedal board is a bit deshevelled) its really awesome being able to just have my guitar and pedalboard and be able to plug straight into a cab. people look at me sideway trying to figure out wth is happening since it appears im not using any amp lol. but everyone is always blown away by what they hear, thanks mostly to the tightmetalpro no doubt. anyway behold thy glory! :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  4. Deception

Deception deceived

5. cult

cult SS.org Regular

My new place for creating some music at home.
    Not that into recording, we'll do that at the rehearsal space anyways:

[​IMG]

6. Joe Harvatt

Joe Harvatt SS.org Regular

Digging this Way Huge Havalina fuzz. Really think you've gotta set your amp up in mind for using a fuzz, too much headroom can swallow them up and make it sound fizzy. I've been running this into an Orange Rockerverb 50 on the Kemper.

[​IMG]DSC_3334 by Joe Harvatt, on Flickr

7. MASS DEFECT

MASS DEFECT SS.ORG Infiltrator

Just give me a power amp and i'm good to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ESPImperium

ESPImperium @ESPImperium

My pedalboard:

[​IMG]

9. aciek_l

aciek_l SS.org Regular

Just switched to 2x12. :) Pedalboard is a bit messy right now, but there will be some small changes so I will put it back together soon. :)
    [​IMG]

10. Hachetjoel

Hachetjoel Ibanez whore Contributor

11. TheUnvanquished

TheUnvanquished SS.org Regular

^^^

That JEM! And these hypemachines are really intriguing to me. The purple finish on yours is the gnarliest color I've seen yet. Sick setup dude.

12. Flemmigan

Flemmigan Snoofin' your gear

I made some changes over the past year. Had no need to change out my Axe FX Ultra, but went from a Mesa 4x12 with an ART power amp, to a Port City 2x12 OS with a 5150, and settled on a Port City 1x12 OS with a Matrix power amp.
    It's compact and gets the job done. It's polite, it's right, it's Sneezy, Deezy, Mc...Deluxe.

[​IMG]

13. TonyFlyingSquirrel

TonyFlyingSquirrel Cherokee Warrior

So I had a pic of my "dry fit" in another thread.

Here's the whole thing.

1st Dry Fit:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

I decided to repurpose some cable that I had not used for many years, was just sitting in one of my storage bins of all my gear not currently in use. To replace the plugs, rather than spending upwards of $60 on a solder-less kit ala Planet Waves Pedalboard Cable Kit | Sweetwater.com and I then purchased a 10-pack of 1/4" Right Angle Plugs that I found on Ebay 10 Pack 1 4" TS Right Angle Mono Phone Plug Cord Connector 6 3mm Cable Jack | eBay
    [​IMG]

As I mentioned in the other thread, I re-puposed some sheets of 3/8" plywood to make this new board. I measured and cut it to fit inside of my Rondo Pedal Case CNB PDC-410H SSL Pedal Case - RondoMusic.com and made the board 3 sheets thick. The center piece is a "spacer" to allow passage of the power cables and the audio cables concealed between the outer two sheets. The spacer runs the perimeter of the board, as well as strategically placed spacers in the center of the board, most notably where I would step on the expression pedal, the Boss pedal, etc... This is mainly because these areas have to bear more weight due to the heavier switches, so I didn't want the board to sway or dip when I use these switches. I also decided that in order to clean up the edges from splintering around the perimeter, as well as the passage holes routed in the top, that a 3/8" round-over bit should do a nice job of cleaning that up. After that, since the top was nearly perfectly cut, and the center and bottom pieces were roughly cut to match, my flush cut router bit that I use for routing pickup/control cavities should clean that up nicely, and I think it did a reasonable job of doing so.

[​IMG]

These pics give you a sense for how rigid this board is, plugs won't accidentally unplug so easily, nor will the power cables do so.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These brackets that I used to mount them are easily found at most hardware stores. I found these at Home Depot, for about $3.00 a 4-pak. I got the idea from Pedal-links System but decided that I could likely find a more cost effective solution. In the same fashion as the "pedal links", these are non-invasive and totally reversible. They basically act as an oversized washer with an extended tab. I'm going to go back and remove them temporarily so that I can paint them black, then re-apply them so that they'll blend in for a cleaner appearance. Since the G30 Relay Receiver uses very small headed screws that recess into the chassis, I was not able to use the same bracketing system, so I'll have to use some hook&loop fasteners (Velcro), but, the nice thing is that I can just staple the one piece to the board and it'll be easier to remove later if I need to.

[​IMG]

In discussions with True Tone (formerly Visual Sound) regarding their ONE SPOT ac power supply and adapter kits, we had ascertained that using the ONE SPOT power supply would not be enough to power the HD500X, but it would power all of the other components. Even then, using the 5 Cable Plug Daisy Chain, even the ends on those would not fit the HD500X anyway. We later determined that I could use the HD500X's factory power supply to power the entire rig with no risk of hurting any of the other components, so they advised doing so, but first adding their L6 adapter, to get it into the HD500X, then their reverse polarity connecter plugged into the L6, then the end of the 5 Cable Plug Daisy Chain, powered by the HD500X factory power supply. Now I have accomplished my goal of powering the entire rig from one single "wall wart". I still have room to add another pedal between the Boss & the Morley pedal, i.e. Dunlop John Petrucci Wah pedal or another Boss pedal, but honestly, I have most of what I like and would find useful already in the HD500X. I can now switch between Wireless A, Wireless B, and a cable as a backup on the fly. With all of the Morley switches de-selected, I have another mute function. With the extra power outlets on my power strip, I can power perhaps an iPad, Laptop, my synth rig, or anything else needed. I played this at work the other day and FOH loved being able to just lay out an XLR cable for me to plug into, then I powered it up, they gave me some back in my monitor, and since I'm very meticulous about the way I set up my presets, they were able to switch the eq "out" on the channel strip on the mixing console.

14. kylendm

kylendm Electrical Mercenary

latest
    [​IMG]

Not pictured is my Madison Divinity 2 which is undergoing extensive mods.

15. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

Spent the day yesterday doing some extensive work on my rack. Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to take good photos to post here, so all I've got are a couple of Snapchat pics I had taken to send to my brother and saved.

Picked up the M9 (not currently in use) and two new sliding shelves, and installed rack rails in the back for extra support for the shelves. I figured it would be better to take everything completely out of the rack and take all of the pedals off of the previous shelf and start from "level 0" than to try and work around everything piece by piece. I was also able to clean up some of the cabling and put my Radial Twin City in the bottom pedal drawer, which is taking care of my signal splitting rather than the buffered split in the GCX mentioned at the top of this page. I was getting some ground loop noise from the Uberschall, but the Radial takes care of that and flipping the polarity gives me a wider sound :yesway: Still using Loop 8 to control "amp 2" the same way, though.

I'm still using the G Major for all of my volume adjustments/solo boosts, EQ, and subtle gating as well as relay controls for the Uberschall, but the end goal is to have a non-mini RJM Amp Gizmo controlling the functions of both the Uber and Ultra Lead, then have the M9 take care of the effects the G Major is currently doing. So close!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. tender_insanity

tender_insanity SS.org Regular

Yesterday I picked up a 5150 combo turned to head and a Carcin Legacy 2x12" cab.

[​IMG]

17. Iamatlas

Iamatlas Atlas

REceived my HypeGTR a few weeks ago - Sounds HUUUUUUGE through this amp!

[​IMG]

18. tender_insanity

tender_insanity SS.org Regular

Current set up. Some stuff missing, but main weapons atm
    [​IMG]

19. ThePIGI King

ThePIGI King Ibanez Enthusiast

You need to put that purple switch tip on the one with purple knobs, and but the black switch tip on the one with the black knobs, but don't change the Jem, it's pretty perfect the way it is :yesway:

20. myampslouder

myampslouder SS.org Regular

My new rig I just finished this week.

Not pictured is the RJM Amp Gizmo in the back of the rack that is handling the channel switching on the mark iv and the mute function of the tuner.

The pod hd is running with the 4 cable method with the mark iv providing most of the tones and the pod primarily only being used for fx. The Ground Control Pro was surprisingly straight forward to set up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before I setup the rjm and ground control

[​IMG]

Honestly this rig is Completely overkill for me since I haven't played in a band since 2012 but it was fun putting it together and I'm really enjoying it.