Ran guitars - any news?

chopeth

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Skervesen can't do wonders, they help customers with some base price projects. You paid a huge deposit so I assume yours was a highly customized one. In fact, I think my project was taken by Skervesen because comparing prices, it's almost a bit cheaper than what Ran was going to charge me, so I don't think they are going to "not earn" much money with mine. I think they did it for the sake of being charitable due to the Ran downfall, because they don't like seeing coleagues going into ruin and the guitar sales are going slightly down for everyone. Ran and Skervesen had a relationship of friendship more than of rivalry. In addition, I think Skervesen didn't retrieve so much materials from the seized workshop (my opinion, not facts) I hope you can get your guitar done or recover something anyway.

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
by the way, anyone has news from Blackat? their FB page stopped at march, their reverb shop has nothing (and for a while). They're still producing or not ?

Albake21

"Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."
Reaction score
by the way, anyone has news from Blackat? their FB page stopped at march, their reverb shop has nothing (and for a while). They're still producing or not ?
Yeah Blackat is still going fine with Tomek still posting in Facebook groups. I remember someone posted within a group about getting his build finished with Blackat and putting in another order recently.

Viginez

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
remaining silent gives him the opportunity to benefit from some additional deposits (from people unaware).
he knows, at the end he will profit more than lose, it's a simple bill.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score

He's very active on his personal account and has just upped production with a large run of guitars recently.

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
oh ok. was a bit worried seeing nothing on reverb for a while. on the BK page the last up was in march.
Ok found the owners page ! Thx

Last edited:

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
I remember hearing bad things about the Ran V that Vader used from 2012 by bands that played with them. Neck problems, so it was not something that was part of their early days problems or non famous band builds. I remember Decapitated covering the Ran logo on their custom builds at one point. Not sure if it was due to getting signed by Ibanez or something.
Wacław_Kiełtyka_12_September_2014.jpg

What is the consensus on Skervensen's involvement, were they more of a help or a nuisance after this whole mess? Given their name in the business, this was a huge risk that they took.

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
Too bad
Well my crusher was good
Just found a death kelly from’em on ebay. Couldn’t resist...

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Whoa!

Bullet = dodged

I just submitted a quote request for a custom Crusher this morning. Had no idea any of this was happening... until I happened upon this thread just now.

Real bummer. I'd been a fan of RAN for a few years and was close to finally pulling the trigger on one.

Last edited:

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Exactly the point I was making earlier. It's been over 6 months yet you can still submit quote forms etc. I really hope they weren't taking deposits knowing they weren't going to make good. It really doesn't seem to be in their character , but then again they're still taking quote forms and still have never officially or publically on their website or social media pages said they are not taking orders or out of business. According to those everythign looks fine. Updating a basic page or even disconnecting the link to the quote form and making an auto reply form letter to their email isn't that hard to do, and updating their Facebook page is even easier. It's like they just took the money and RAN : )

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
That, or there's just nobody left to pay a web dev for 1 hour of work. Now that I'm in that business, one thing I can tell you is, I don't work for free and doubt anyone is.
You'd be surprised at how the general population is illiterate regarding website construction and handling, even when you give them the simplest possible tools and interface to use.

One interesting thing though, is that if the CC module still works, it means the bank account is still live and that therefore the company still exists. Hosting plans often cover years so it's possible the site may take 5 years to actually disappear.

Kobalt

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow, I wasn't aware of that whole situation.

It's a shame, they did make some really good looking guitars. Maybe the guy was simply in way over his head with orders, that'd certainly wouldn't be the first time a company folds because of that - biting off more than you can chew. It's just that the way it's handled that's very unprofessional and fraudulent at this point.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Deleting the site and announcing social media would be the final nail in the coffin. Maybe Dariuz and co are still holding out hope that they can get RAN going again. I know that's what happened to a bunch of guys who dropped off the planet.

Kobalt

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Deleting the site and announcing social media would be the final nail in the coffin. Maybe Dariuz and co are still holding out hope that they can get RAN going again. I know that's what happened to a bunch of guys who dropped off the planet.
That's understandable. However, it would have been a lot more professional to be transparent about it. Let people know, clearly, what happened and what your intentions are. No one's going to crucify you for being completely honest, right?

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
- I still think updating at least the Facebook page should have been done. The website could also be disconnected with ease. It's not hard to do. At the very least it's just wasting peoples time going through the process.
- I hope the best for them and hope that someday everything works out. I'd still love to own a custom Ran and the vibes got from my initial quote and communications were good. I guess time will tell.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Is anyone actually getting quotes back or being solicited for payment?

Unless that's the case, I don't see the issue. :shrug:

There's nothing really nefarious about a dead email link.

Heh, believe me, if I get an actual quote back... I'll be letting this thread know about it.

Marty666

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Signs of life on the FB page. No idea what that (I'm assuming Japanese) sign means.

Screenshot_20200312-195946.png