PSA...Rocktron Valvesonic Plexi and Blackface blowout $275

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Mourguitars, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Mourguitars

Mourguitars SS.org Regular

GHS is blowing out the Valvesonic's...Plexi and Blackface $275 plus tax and shipping...

I spoke with Jon grabbed the Plexi, he said it will be around $300 ish not a bad deal !

Phone GHS for sale...forgot to mention

Mike

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  2. Valdra

Valdra SS.org Regular

Man I cannot find any reviews of these suckers online... anyone tried them?

When the Black Plate says it has a "California" tone switch I assume it means Mesa but what Mesa would it most likely be going for?

Also what store is GHS?

3. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

GHS (as in GHS strings) is the parent company that owns Rocktron. Kind of like how Harmon owned Digitech and DOD.

aesthyrian and Mourguitars like this.
  4. Mourguitars

Call 1 800 388 4447 GHS Strings/Rocktron

Ask for sales either Jon or Elisabeth

They were supposed to come out with the VOX and High gain pre in this line...but it seems that didn't happen. Not any reviews is right ..a few YT demos that was lack luster but the Plexi and other units was designed by Frank Lamar from LA customs...i think he used to work with Bruce Egnater.

The line looked promising but looks like they came out later than expected and a price higher than expected for a unit that had no midi at that price....If you don't keep up with the tech these days....well ?

Mike

5. Valdra

Valdra SS.org Regular

Ah, GHS strings is where my head went but I didn't think they were related. The more you know I guess. Thanks for the info, I really shouldn't even be considering buying one but... y'all know how it is...

6. Mourguitars

Mine should be here by the weekend...ill do a review , but i took a chance on the Karkakou 5150 pre and i love that one...my JMP-1 is getting old so ....for the price ill take a chance but i like Rocktron stuff anyways. The only review on YT was where they were at NAMM at the Rocktron booth is the one i liked ..but $799...

Mike

7. Valdra

Valdra SS.org Regular

Yeah, can't beat that price most definitely. I currently have a Mesa VTwin, Peavey Rockmaster, Crate XLP, and a Tube Works Real Tube as far as rack equipment goes, but sometimes there are deals you just can't pass up (hence the collection...)

Mourguitars likes this.
  8. Mourguitars

Awesome collection of pre amps ! Ive never owned a Rockmaster , been wanting one but the ones on CL have been to beat up for my taste , not to mention the asking price !

9. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

I've always wanted to try these out. I bet they're really badass but I don't have the coin to drop on it atm.

10. maggotspawn

maggotspawn SS.org Regular

Very tempted, but I just bought a new laptop, so I'm broke presently.

11. op1e

op1e Spirit Taker

Synergy finally came out by the time they released these and made them pointless. So many "British" options in preamps and modules already. More rack stuff though, pleez. I'm getting a 14 space road case soon for room to grow.

wedge_destroyer and c7spheres like this.
  12. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Same. :lol:

Check out R&R Sound as well. They have an old 2-ch Recto-based preamp, as well a Marshall-esque one.

op1e likes this.
  13. wedge_destroyer

wedge_destroyer SS.org Regular

Man right when I dont have cash, been interested but it was never high on the priority list.

Dude go with a 16, it will fill faster than you think. I got a 12 a couple month back thinking the same thing. Its full and Im already about to put rear rails for patchbay, fan, and maybe extra space for shallow items.

14. op1e

op1e Spirit Taker

Maybe after I pay off my Kartakou lol. MTS can nail recto of I get another modded module, though. Still want an S1SO for 5150 tones but cheaper to get the Kartakou version of that too. Really I wanna know how their one space power amp is (R&R Sound).

15. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Wait didn't you get the Colossus? Isn't that a 5150 preamp?

Also check out Myanikov as well. They do a SHIIIITton of different preamps. I want to check them out in the future so they can do a preamp based on the Cantrell-modded Shark channel of a Fish preamp.

16. op1e

op1e Spirit Taker

I got the BeastBox rack. 001 of 2 made, couldn't pass it up. So it's an e530 ish copy? doesn't have a 4 band EQ so I dont know what it's based on. I had just sold my Angel E MTS module in a state of emergency unfortunately. I have to get the rm100 front end modded cause I can't get the level of tight they were showing in the demo. Have to boost with an OD with a tight knob and even then... Resonance being halfway or more up doesn't help, but I cant live without that.

17. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

I am kind of surprised they have not created some modern stompbox versions of the old Intellifex, Replifex, etc.... those units were killer, and I am sure they would do well next to all the Source Audio, Strymon, etc... pedals of today.

wakjob, WarMachine and c7spheres like this.
  18. WarMachine

WarMachine SS.org Regular

This and also a floor model of the prophesy with added functions like power amp settings and built in IR loading would be the tits. I was hoping thats what the Utopia line was gonna be. Guess it's cool for a chameleon/voodu valve in pedal form. But damn man, that see-n-say display...wow :lol:

19. Mourguitars

Went ahead and bought the Black plate + as well...they had them on ebay $299 plus $18 shipping...i would be kicking my self for not doing it....so...pulled the trigger . Been saving to buy a 50w amp kit so i hit that piggy bank.

Do have a Piranaha for sell now !

Mike

c7spheres likes this.
  20. jonsick

jonsick SS.org Regular

I don't know what's up at Rocktron. They were showing some real promise and if they had done this right may well have attracted people back to rackmount gear. I was interested for sure. But then when they re-released the Voodu Valve of all things with a £1000+ price tag... nah sorry... the tech is old, the fact the Helix exists (and does a better job overall) just put that in a niche of nobody.

wakjob and c7spheres like this.