Proper Etiquette For Posting Multiple Guitars For Sale?

mechanyx

Some Kind of Munster
Reaction score
Sometimes people make for sale posts that are like "2 Ibanezes" or "7 Guitars" or something and I'm wondering if this is the preferred thing to do when you have multiple guitars for sale. It seems like it might hurt searchability or people might be annoyed at having to open the thread instead of just reading the post title to see what's for sale but on the other hand, if someone makes multiple posts, they're bumping other people's ads off the first page.

Is there a preferred style?

Thanks

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I think either way is fine, but a group post does let people see guitars they might not have been searching for. From a search standpoint, I'd say it's more about what you write in the description than anything else. i.e. don't be one to just post a picture and say, "if you know, you know," because google, etc. won't know, lol. So list the exact model name, and throw in a descriptor. Like, if you're selling a pink Aristides h/08, write something like, "Pink Aristides h/08 8 string headless guitar" or something, so it comes up with all those filters.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen his posts. My question was is that style of multi item post preferred to making one thread per item?

Thanks
oh yeah, I like the multipost in a formatted way vs. individual posts personally.