I was going to put new strings on the old wreck, when a thought suddenly stroke my mind: "This could be something more!" Enjoy this (tiny) worklog, where I'm trying to bring new life into an old mid-range Ibby There she is! Right in the middle. I took her apart faster than the speed of light. The first few inches with P80 sandpaper. Awrite, we're getting somewhere! Most of the original painting is gone. There are still tiny bits left in the wooden veins. First run with P220 sandpaper. Second & last run with P220 sandpaper. Let's get this baby oiled up! First layer of oil. Shiny! Looks much better IRL While I was waiting for the first layer of oil to dry, I took some P220 sandpaper and brushed the pick-up frames. The second layer of oil has been applied and I will let it dry overnight. I've ordered a set of DiMarzio Evolution bridge/neck pick-ups from Thomann.de. Those should arrive early next week. Tomorrow I will be cleaning the hardware and use WD-40 on sensitive parts. More pics will be up tomorrow! Cheers!