Christopher Beattie

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to get some feedback on the mix for one of my songs. It's a bit more mellow than what I usually write but this is pretty much where I am with production. I used Jason Richardson's Toneforge for the guitars, Superior Drummer 2 with Metal Machine and Metal Foundry for the drums and Bias FX as well as some impulses and other FX for the bass. I'd love to get some new ears and opinions on it so let me know what you think. Oh and first post by the way!

https://soundcloud.com/christopher-beattie-3/new

Jacksonluvr636

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is very good man. I would personally leave this and call it a day.

I am listening on some very crappy headphones but this is a great mix IMO.

If I were to get super nit picky I would say there may be slightly too much kerrang in the guitars but that is a tone thing and not a mix thing.

Great job man!!

Awesome song btw too. That part right at 2:30 makes me think Tool just went hard metal. Very cool and as I continue to listen it just gets even better. Really digging this.

Christopher Beattie

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is very good man. I would personally leave this and call it a day.

I am listening on some very crappy headphones but this is a great mix IMO.

If I were to get super nit picky I would say there may be slightly too much kerrang in the guitars but that is a tone thing and not a mix thing.

Great job man!!

Awesome song btw too. That part right at 2:30 makes me think Tool just went hard metal. Very cool and as I continue to listen it just gets even better. Really digging this.
Wow thanks! I was going for a Tool vibe on this one so you're spot on haha