Problem with Majesty!!

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Chisorg1570, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Chisorg1570

Chisorg1570 SS.org Regular

Hey guys! A friend of mine is having problems with his Majesty 7. The guitar doesn't sound. The blue light is on even if the guitar is not connected. The battery has to be removed to turn the light off. He replaced the battery but the problem persists. Any of you had this or a similar issue with a majesty?

2. macgruber

macgruber cat enthusiast

sounds like an issue with the wiring of the stereo output socket, i suspect the ground connection might be accidentally soldered to the negative terminal, this would keep the battery engaged even with the plug removed. did he recently replace the output jack?

3. Chisorg1570

No, no modificarions to the guitar at all 😔. He has it less than a year but we live in Peru and it's kinda difficult to send it to ernie ball.

Thanks for your answer!

4. Chisorg1570

UPDATE: The guitar is now dead... no light whatsoever... removing batteries doesnt help!

5. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

Contact EBMM customer service. I've read about this issue on their forum. I'd go there first

6. Chisorg1570

Thanks for your answer... I contacted them, he has to send the preamp in order to get a replacement.