[Price Check] 2nd Hand Ibanez AZ242PBG Premium

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Kellz, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Kellz

Kellz SS.org Regular

Hello Guys,

I found this 2nd Hand Ibanez Premium AZ on local ebay in very good condition and wanted to ask you if the price of 800€ is reasonable?

I have GAS for this model for a while now. Resell value should be good right? Should I be concerned about having no warranty? Is it worth it the asking price?

Price new is 1266€ on Thomann.

Highly appreciate some thoughts on this. Have a nice sunday everyone!

Screenshot_20210919-134326_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg Screenshot_20210919-134337_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg Screenshot_20210919-134351_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg Screenshot_20210919-134407_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg Screenshot_20210919-134419_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg Screenshot_20210919-134428_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg Screenshot_20210919-134437_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg Screenshot_20210919-134445_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg

2. Siggevaio

Siggevaio SS.org Regular

Beautiful guitar!

800 is okay but a bit high since it's available new for a couple of hundred more. I would try to buy it for 700, if you offer a quick deal I doubt the seller would say no. If he/she still wants 800 then at least you tried. You will never get more than 800 for it if you try to sell it again so 700 sounds more reasonable.

Since it's a local deal you can try it before. If it looks good and is in good condition you don't have to worry about the warranty.

Kellz and odibrom like this.
  3. Kellz

Kellz SS.org Regular

He listed it for 990€, he offered it to me for 850€ and my bid is 800€ right now. It is a beautiful guitar but like you said a bit expensive for what it offers, I'm considering picking up a harley benton fusion III b-stock from thomann instead. Great value and specs for the money.
    https://www.thomann.de/intl/harley_benton_fusion_iii_hsh_roasted_fcb.htm

4. Siggevaio

Siggevaio SS.org Regular

Ah okay! 990 euro is way to high. I've never tried a Harley Benton but you should have to option to return it if it's not to your liking. So it might be worth a shot since it's half the price.

Kellz likes this.
  5. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Way overpriced. 800 is used prestige territory. Dude seems like he doesn't want to bite the used depreciation bullet, which is pretty bad for Ibanez.
    You have a RG 1570 for 600€ BIN on ebay right now. (not mine)

As a whole, Ibanez resale value is terrible.

Zhysick and Kellz like this.
  6. Kellz

Kellz SS.org Regular

Thanks for that, you are right. I probably just go with the harley benton since I'm from germany, good way to support a local business and company.

Zhysick likes this.
  7. HoneyNut

HoneyNut Regular

This isn't really bad.

Its a relatively new guitar.

You won't find any old prestige with stainless frets anyways.

So 800 for a relatively new ibanez with stainless less frets, isnt a bad deal.

Plus, the pickups are very decent.

Tom quayle has a demo of this guitar.

I don't like the aesthetics, but best bang for buck ibanez at the moment to me.

8. HoneyNut

HoneyNut Regular

Good new ibanez deal for 800

9. aWoodenShip

aWoodenShip SS.org Regular

Unfortunately with the way the market is right now people are selling used instruments for more than they retailed for brand new. So I'd say, while it is high, it might be worth it.

10. Andromalia

Well, it can be justified, depending on the make and model. I sold a few guitars for more than MSRP this year, but they were models you can't get new today, from brands with better resale value than Ibanez. (Namely, a Gibson)
    A CS Jackson I had to sell for a pittance compared to its new price. I still made money on it because I paid a stupidly low price for it, but it was way under 50% retail.
    Made in not-japan-asia guitars arent going to be worth much second hand. I understand SS frets are nice, I have some guitars with them, but they're just frets. Their importance is waaaaay overblown in here.

Zhysick and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  11. HoneyNut

HoneyNut Regular

I appreciate your views. But I'd have to disagree.

SS frets do make a difference. It's not a tonewood myth. Nickel frets wear out faster, especially with modern strings like NYXLs or other steel string varieties.

Now, where are you going to find an Ibanez with SS frets and premium treatment for a better price?

You can find other brands for better prices and features, but sure, if you but not an Ibanez if you want an Ibanez.

Like you said, you still think Gibson's are relevant. Whereas I wouldn't touch a 24.75 scale length. I like ibanez.

As a consumer of Ibanez, this particular model is a very good deal for 800.

The max loss if OP resold it later, won't be more than 200 @ $600 price if the condition is good.

12. Andromalia

Maybe I'm biased by the fact that I have enough guitars that fret life doesn't matter, I'll never need to change them even if they're made of aluminum. (Ok maybe that's pushing it but you get the picture).

Other than that, sure the guitars sound different... but it it the SS frets or the fact that most of them have completely different pickups, woods and even construction methods ?

13. HoneyNut

HoneyNut Regular

I
    All of it matters. But SS frets, particularly, is rare in the Ibanez line of products. They almost never had SS frets.

SS frets do make a difference that is quite noticeable in bends. It's smoother, for lack of a better word, than nickel frets. Plus, it does rust or have buildups easily like nickel frets. Whereas, nickel frets require that light polishing every 6 months or so, particularly if you only have just 1 workhorse guitar. Not everyone is a collector.

That said, the ibz Premiums do offer smoother fret polishing, plus duncan pickups with advanced switching options. Not to mention 24 frets and all access necks for ease. For a player with my fingers, that makes a difference in playability.

In regards to actual sound, just have a look at Tom Quayle s demo of it.

14. mmr007

mmr007 (anti)Social Influencer

You're asking the wrong question. Do you want the guitar and would you be upset with parting 800 euros for it? That's all that matters. Used guitar prices are all over the map and if you wanted a Harley Benton you should be looking at and asking about those. But if this is the brand you want with the specs you want and is within the range of what you want to spend on your next used guitar....then buy it...doesn't matter if it was found somewhere else for only 700 euros for example.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  15. Kellz

Kellz SS.org Regular

He accepted my bid of 750€. I think I'm pulling the trigger this is a good price. I should always make my money back if I keep it in this condition if I were to sell it at some point.

16. Millul

Millul SS.org Regular

Yeah, 750€ in the current market is a fair price for it - share with us your NGD when you get it, und viel Spaß!

17. Kellz

Kellz SS.org Regular

He's got it on pickup only, 250km drive one way, asked him if he can ship it. He doesn't have the box anymore. That might be a problem since I don't want to drive 500km for it :D