Prestige, or Indonesian with better pups?

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Magnus Langslet, Sep 26, 2020.

1. josh1

josh1 SS.org Regular

Prestige all day.

2. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Yeah I really really really like that Axiom RGA its classy and not gaudy but Prestige is the right call. Buy nice or buy twice. And you may end up liking the pickups. Also although Bareknuckles are great the Aftermaths are not the most versatile pickup.

3. mystix

mystix SS.org Regular

for sure

4. gunch

gunch Riff Chugman

Take a vow of gear poverty and get a shitty old 300 series indo RG

5. bzhang9

bzhang9 SS.org Regular

You wot? one of the nicest production guitar cases on the market, light, sleek, gorgeous interior, fits like a glove, you can't even buy them

Obviously prestige but...

I recently got a $200 beater RG7321 with dactivator, since then I've sold all of my prestiges - RG752AHM, RG752LWFX, RGD2127, RGD3127

its lighter, feels better, sounds just as good, don't care about banging it around, basically disregard price pick what you like more

josh1 and Merrekof like this.
  6. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

Also big with hollow construction, plasticky, gaudy, and pretty poor hardware too. There are way way better cases in the market.
    But who cares, it's just a case. My point was that it should not be an argument in favor of the Prestige.

7. oversteve

oversteve SS.org Regular

Prestige all the way.
    Regarding the pups it's not that BKP's are better in anyway then any other properly made pickup be it SD, Dimarzio etc, each brand has a big variety and some pups will suit your needs better while some won't.

8. bryaneaves

bryaneaves SS.org Regular

I have owned MANY Ibanez and still have three. All Prestige. I have 5 other guitars that cost 4x as much as all of them. And my son owns several lower end guitars. I can say this, the Prestige quality and sound as every be as good as any of my high end guitars. That being said, there's more to it than sound. When I pick up one of my son's cheaper guitars I instantly feel the difference in everything from the tuning pegs, smoothness of pots, selector switch, etc. To me, knowing I'm holding quality and feeling it is at least half the enjoyment before I ever even plug in.
    On the case, I agree with both statements. Compared to my higher end guitars Ibanez cases look and feel like cheap crap. But, I also find myself trying to protect the case of my expensive ones as much as the guitar itself which kinda defeats the purpose. There's something liberating in chucking that black plastic thing around and not caring about scuffs and scratches.