Power issue with the Mooer Baby Bomb

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by couverdure, Oct 15, 2019.

1. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

I've had this thing working well for more than a year now but since last week I've gotten an issue with the power as it keeps turning off and on quickly while its plugged in. I have to keep plugging off the tip of its power strip from the pedal and plug it back in (which causes very tiny sparks to come out when it's inserted, which worries me) to make sure it would stay powered all the time, but sometimes it would drop out after some few minutes or so. I'm not sure if the problem is coming from the pedal itself or the power supply that came with it.

It also seems that I'm not the only one having this issue since someone posted this video, but other than that I can't find anyone talking about this anywhere else.

2. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

Bump. I have to use my practice amp more because I'm getting tired of having to unplug and plug back in a million times.

3. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Have you tried a different power supply and different cables? Removed other pedals from the chain?

Cycling like this makes me think it’s not liking the power supply, or something on the output is shorted.

4. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

It's running in its own 24v adapter. When I unplugged it from the wall and reconnected the tip to the pedal, it was able to send enough power to light up the LED for about a second, which made me believe the problem might be on the adapter not sending enough power.

5. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

I would try a different adapter.

I know I have some of the Mooer Preamp pedals, and they will shut off and have a fit if they do not receive enough power. I cant use a generic power supply that provides 100ma-200ma of power for those.