Post Your GAS

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Those are damn fine looking. Again I don't know why so many people hate relic'd guitars even if the relic job is so well done. For some reason if the manufacturer puts the scratches on the guitar it is the guitar equivalent of stolen valor and wearing combat medals on a uniform when you never even served

I really want one of these Boba Fett strats

1660704688497.png

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those are pretty cool... a bit more relic'd than I usually like, but cool.

Working on doing a relic build and having relic'd some locking tuners for my Fender CS I have a new appreciation for just how much work goes into doing that stuff right.

Metaldestroyerdennis

Heavens Football Bat
Reaction score
My soft limit for guitars is 3k and my hard limit is 5k so this is way way outside any possible budget. But holy fuck.

dpzx0qexbzyobwpkcvn5.jpg

Someone needs to buy this so I don't make an extremely poor financial decision

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
I didn’t know these had the Lo Pro bridge. It’s pretty weird that the 6 string version has the Edge but the 7 string has the Lo Pro.
Ibanez never puts the Edge 7 on anything. It was on the first handful of UVs and that's it AFAIK. (inb4 Max gets here with better info). Japanese 7s have had Lo Pros as standard pretty much from their inception, except for the decade or so when there were patent disputes.

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
Ibanez never puts the Edge 7 on anything. It was on the first handful of UVs and that's it AFAIK. (inb4 Max gets here with better info). Japanese 7s have had Lo Pros as standard pretty much from their inception, except for the decade or so when there were patent disputes.
Yes, I don’t think I have ever seen an Edge 7 in the wild. I was thinking that they would just put the Lo Pro in the RG652AHM to match the 7 string version.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Yes, I don’t think I have ever seen an Edge 7 in the wild. I was thinking that they would just put the Lo Pro in the RG652AHM to match the 7 string version.
It's the same on a lot of Ibanezes. JEMs and PIAs have Edge Originals at the moment, but the recent Japanese UVs had LoPros and the PIA7 if it happens will have a LoPro. They really only have the LoPro 6 on the 5000 series RGs and S6570.

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
It's the same on a lot of Ibanezes. JEMs and PIAs have Edge Originals at the moment, but the recent Japanese UVs had LoPros and the PIA7 if it happens will have a LoPro. They really only have the LoPro 6 on the 5000 series RGs and S6570.
Interesting stuff. I have not bought a post-2016 Ibanez so I have not been paying attention. Do you have any idea why they haven’t just picked one and stuck with it? I wonder what market research went into determining whether a 6 string model should have a Lo Pro or an Edge

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Interesting stuff. I have not bought a post-2016 Ibanez so I have not been paying attention. Do you have any idea why they haven’t just picked one and stuck with it? I wonder what market research went into determining whether a 6 string model should have a Lo Pro or an Edge
7s get LoPros because that's the only one they make. Steve/Joe seem to prefer the Original Edge so that's what they get. Then as far as the other models go, I imagine it's partly trying to offer both because people like both and have preferences, and partly because people who need a LoPro will probably pay the upcharge to have a guitar with it.

makesexnotwar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My soft limit for guitars is 3k and my hard limit is 5k so this is way way outside any possible budget. But holy fuck.

dpzx0qexbzyobwpkcvn5.jpg

Someone needs to buy this so I don't make an extremely poor financial decision
Dustie Waring sig PRS should be in you safe price range. Maple board, floyd but maple top may be not as cool as this one.

Metaldestroyerdennis

Heavens Football Bat
Reaction score
Dustie Waring sig PRS should be in you safe price range. Maple board, floyd but maple top may be not as cool as this one.
That's like suggesting someone buy an S2 Custom 24 instead of a core 10-top. The paper specs just aren't the point here.

But also: blue dw's are basically nonexistent, has a black import floyd, is matte, selector in the wrong position, painted non-flamed neck, bolt-on, and no wood library top. So really not the same thing even on paper aside from the floyd and maple neck tbh. I also just don't feel like CE's are worth 2700 dollars tbh.

Last edited:

xzacx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

makesexnotwar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's like suggesting someone buy an S2 Custom 24 instead of a core 10-top. The paper specs just aren't the point here.

But also: blue dw's are basically nonexistent, has a black import floyd, is matte, selector in the wrong position, painted non-flamed neck, bolt-on, and no wood library top. So really not the same thing even on paper aside from the floyd and maple neck tbh. I also just don't feel like CE's are worth 2700 dollars tbh.
It depends on what you are looking for. If maple board, floyd(even imported one) and lower price are important then it could do the trick. But of course it can't be compared with 10-top aesthetically. 10-tops are great and I'm glad that I have one :shred:

Latest posts