Post Your GAS

AndiKravljaca

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I put myself on the Neural DSP Quad Cortex waiting list at NAMM... But now I'm just considering getting my down payment for that back and putting in an order for a Broderick 7 string. I've wanted one of these ever since they came out and it's flaring up again.

t2r805slswlxzgbw70k0.jpg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Morningstar MC6. Then I can learn to program my axe fx to do what i want for inevitable band use.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Man, I sure didn't see you whining about one of those Daemoness guitars depicting witch burnings.

I'm a bit worried if you can't see the difference between what it is considered art, that is exhibited in a museum -- i.e., a woodcut depiction of a historical event -- and a wacky amalgamation of 80's colors and an unrelated homage to teenage suicide soldiers. Originally, both based on similarly sad events, but the approach and intent are night and day. Again, 9/11 guitar or no?

KnightBrolaire

OnlyPointies™
Reaction score
ESP building kamikazes is the equivalent of Gibson showcasing all the Japanese that were executed as POWs/ evaporated by nukes or OD Guitars building a guitar glorifying the killing of Palestinians. It's unbelievably tasteless when you understand the historical context. The only way it could be worse is if Lynch had comissioned a Rape of Nanking/ Rape of Manila/ comfort girl/Unit 731 guitar....

Sogradde

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm a bit worried if you can't see the difference between what it is considered art, that is exhibited in a museum -- i.e., a woodcut depiction of a historical event -- and a wacky amalgamation of 80's colors and an unrelated homage to teenage suicide soldiers. Originally, both based on similarly sad events, but the approach and intent are night and day. Again, 9/11 guitar or no?
Because you decide what an artistical approach is, got it. Go ahead and make as many 9/11 Nazi Holocaust Corona Virus guitars as you like. I'm not bothered the slightest bit.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Because you decide what an artistical approach is, got it. Go ahead and make as many 9/11 Nazi Holocaust Corona Virus guitars as you like. I'm not bothered the slightest bit.

Well I mean one is a historical artifact that is put in museums, that is discussed in art history class, and that we use to reconstruct an event that occurred before more reliable recording technology existed. The other is a George Lynch guitar. It is opinion on which one is art, but it's not a particularly contentious one.

And I mean, it's your opinion. But it was also your opinion that it would be a good idea to do a metal cover of a Selena Gomez song, so I don't know, maybe time for something new?

Sogradde

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well I mean one is a historical artifact that is put in museums, that is discussed in art history class, and that we use to reconstruct an event that occurred before more reliable recording technology existed. The other is a George Lynch guitar. It is opinion on which one is art, but it's not a particularly contentious one.

And I mean, it's your opinion. But it was also your opinion that it would be a good idea to do a metal cover of a Selena Gomez song, so I don't know, maybe time for something new?
There is actually a Kamikaze museum in Japan which depicts the same elements as the George Lynch guitar, minus the neon colours obviously. Maybe you wanna go there and protest them too?
Or maybe you just stop fetishizing japanese teenagers?

Show your band btw.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
ESP building kamikazes is the equivalent of Gibson showcasing all the Japanese that were executed as POWs/ evaporated by nukes or OD Guitars building a guitar glorifying the killing of Palestinians. It's unbelievably tasteless when you understand the historical context. The only way it could be worse is if Lynch had comissioned a Rape of Nanking/ Rape of Manila/ comfort girl/Unit 731 guitar....
Lol. Enjoy your time on my ignore list.

KnightBrolaire

OnlyPointies™
Reaction score
oh no whatever will I do, the great space ace has ignored me.
Your inability to actually contribute meaningfully to any conversation will be so greatly missed:rolleyes: