Post your "back from the dead"

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by OmegaSlayer, Apr 4, 2021.

1. OmegaSlayer

OmegaSlayer SS.org Regular

Just a simple thread, like "Post Your GAS" or "Post ridicolous guitars" where you just post a guitar that is not production anymore or has never been in production and you can't get your head around it.

I possibly ask to keep one guitar x post and some of the reasons why you think that the instrument has a place in the market

I start with the Charvel 750 XL
    It's one of the models used by one of the greatest of all time, it's a totally iconic model and Charvel (like all the Fender related) is doing very great lately and a Superstrat like this would totally complete the Charvel line-up
    It's also a guitar that has some unusual features, like the non recessed Floyd and the shorter scale, that makes it different in the current market

[​IMG]

gunch, Randy, Jeries and 7 others like this.
  2. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

3. maliciousteve

maliciousteve Contributor

+1 for the Charvel 750XL. Always wanted one myself but have never had the money available when one has been up for sale.

I'd like to see these brought back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. OmegaSlayer

Yeah, considering that the JEM is the most sold signature it seems quite crazy that a Swirled UV is a model available only some times as a limited edition and not a standard model purchasable every year.

Louis Cypher and Leviathus like this.
  5. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

14F8F633-95FA-4DA2-B4CB-C3DE0A164A56.jpeg

I get it. Not everybody wants an arch top hard tail Prestige, but cmon. These are all time top 5 guitars for me as far as being able to buy them used and have em be consistently great; just solid as fuck.

Hey Ibanez, bring back the Black Onyx 321f please?

6. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

At some point I was gonna buy a Jackson KE3 (possibly KE2 if the funds were available) but then came BC Rich with an NJ Deluxe Warbeast and I got that one instead. I don't regret that but never got a Kelly model in the end. Now those Japanese (or USA) models are no longer in production and I really liked those swirls back in the day as well.

Presumably to keep it exclusive? It sure does keep its value for the owners, I guess.

OmegaSlayer likes this.
  7. Protestheriphery

Protestheriphery SS.org Regular

That there is proof that elegance and simplicity aren't mutually exclusive in the metal guitar market. If they made an RG like that, Id scoop it up in a millisecond.

OmegaSlayer likes this.
  8. Protestheriphery

Protestheriphery SS.org Regular

OmegaSlayer likes this.
  9. OmegaSlayer

Obviously I speak for myself but I won't ever be able to grab a limited run, because I'm not in a condition to have € 2500-4000 available "on the fly", if I really see something I want I have to cut my spending and in MANY months I can save the money

I see collectionism is a big part of the market, but musical instruments should be first and foremost stuff that people wants to...PLAY :D

Edika, 3xt3rm1n4t0r and Merrekof like this.
  10. drgordonfreeman

drgordonfreeman On vacation

The KE-1 always has been and always will be “the one that got away” for me. 25 years later, I still mourn missing my chance when I had it

narad, Wildebeest, Grindspine and 3 others like this.
  11. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

Jackson Kelly Star. With the rise of very niche fb groups and instagram pages, the awareness and general demand for pointy guitars seems to have gone up a fair bit. The demand in those groups for this shape in particular is through the roof from what I've seen.
    Personally I love it because it combines the kelly front with a rhoads back, like some twisted chimera, while still kind of hearkening back to when EVH butchered his destroyer for his shark star. I find star shapes overall very comfortable and they tend to balance/sit well too, unlike kellys or rhoads. The deep rhoads cut putting the bridge closer to the body fixes the core ergonomic issue with playing a Kelly in the classical position (eg everything ends up being shifted left too far which can put strain on the left arm/shoulder). The kelly lower horn adds extra stability to the rhoads V part and allows for elevating the neck without the need of a specific leg rest or footstool to elevate the left foot. You can keep both feet planted on the ground and still have the optimal classical esque position.
    DSC00519.jpg

12. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

750XL and the Jackson one... ATT?

Samark, sirbuh and OmegaSlayer like this.
  13. manu80

manu80 Jackson for life !

Jackson At-1
    I got 2. Gave 2 chances ( trem and non trem, blue/purple)Neck was way too thick for me
    Same as the mansoor
    Sold the y2kv and the ke-1. Still regret it too...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    OmegaSlayer and USMarine75 like this.
  14. mmr007

mmr007 SS.org Regular

277955-2e3e7c93864f432ebfbba64943e8670d.jpg

This...but updated. They brought back the boxer name but not the original most desirable boxer. Now you don't need to legally use the fender system 1 and can make it a true surface mount floyd...it's MIJ Hxx so you appeal to the same crowd that rejoices over the reintroduction of the ESP/LTD '87.

The boxer they just released looks like a Squire...but it's not spec'd as nice...just more $$$

15. manu80

I'll go with that as the KE1 and JH1 have been already mentionned
    found one last year. Hesitated...well shouldn't have lol !

Capture d’écran 2021-04-04 à 16.41.06.png

Zhysick, Ataraxia2320, Samark and 7 others like this.
  16. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

B.C. Rich: Kerry King Wartribe 7 string, without tribal graphics guitar. This was a limited run by The Music Farm. I believe they only made 50 but can't be sure 100%. This guitar is based off of Kerry King's 2nd U.S. custom shop, 7 string Wartribe Warlock/1st 7 string import. But anyways, quite a few B.C. Rich players wanted a 7 string Warlock but didn't like the tribal graphics so The Music Farm released a non tribal graphics version. With the rise in interest in 7 string guitars, I would think this guitar would sell quite well.

[​IMG]

Below is the original design, with the tribal graphics.

[​IMG]

17. BenjaminW

BenjaminW SS.org Regular

Fender American Floyd Rose Classic Stratocaster.
    msf4h4cwy68p1s6mpjsq.jpg

This one doesn't really count, but EVH Wolfgangs with striped bodies and maple necks.
    fullsizeoutput_4e1d__66512.1538504277.1280.1280.jpg

Alex79, Zhysick, BMFan30 and 3 others like this.
  18. John

John New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh

The nicer ESP Eclipse and MA guitars are hard to come by (as in the cool ones from the 90's, if not early 2000's, with 24 frets and an FR instead).

[​IMG]

I've been fortunate to have owned a couple Eclipse builds relevant to those specs of interest, over the years. As much as the snow white one is an outlier in that regard, it was hard to not pass it up when I got it over a good deal.

[​IMG]

Apart from that, I'm partial to the older style of PRS CE-24's when they had the more pronounced top carve and the black headstocks. Admittedly, part of it is sentimental. This guitar in particular was my first experience with having a good electric guitar, but it's been one of my mainstay guitars after all this time and I plan on keeping it over the years to come.

19. lurè

lurè Fake Shredder

xiphos.jpg

Has everything: cool shape, shark inlays, reverse headstock.

Luchilleus, Ivars V, Alex79 and 13 others like this.
  20. manu80

Was sure the xiphos would pop up quickly ;)