Post Random Pics of Your 6s.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
The other huge win is they’ve gotten beyond that two pickups only JC mentality. (Or at least Sugi and JPCS have). Now you can have HSH, HSS, or whatever, rather than boring HH only. For too many years they’ve been anemic on the middle single coil options. There are a few JCs from the past that I’ll be wanting to redo in HSH and HSS.

Reaction score
1656622952763.png

Final form of the new guitar.

Specs:
Hipshot locking tuners with industrial tuner buttons
SD Black Winter neck w/gold pole pieces
SD Custom bridge w/gold pole pieces
Metal pickup rings in gold finish
Gold hardware
Vintage spec correct Gold Les Paul tophat reflector knobs
Vintage spec correct thum bleeders
500k CTS pots with No-load tonepot
Gold LP Pickguard
Essentially the whole guitar was gutted and everything was replaced.

ML family photo
cfdfgd.jpg tttty.jpg

Last edited:

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Well, as of today, this thing is now mine.

288069194_10158913546213811_1555987034804216637_n.jpg

It has already been shipped off and is heading my way.

I actually was even contemplating the idea of making a NGD thread here on the forum. I haven't done one of those in quite a few years now.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Hard to tell from my previous pic, but I had dropped the body when I was tearing it down and broke half a wing clean off, kinda lame that they would leave such a thin layer of wood for the pots, so I added a thick layer of epoxy to the cavity after re-gluing the wing.

Swapped the hardware for matte chrome and added a white pickguard, even though the re-sale value on this is totally shot, I opted not to drill any holes and used double-sided tape instead.

Output jacks on the face of any guitar are annoying, but I'll leave it on this for now, lol.

IMG-5025.jpg

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Well, as of today, this thing is now mine.

288069194_10158913546213811_1555987034804216637_n.jpg

It has already been shipped off and is heading my way.

I actually was even contemplating the idea of making a NGD thread here on the forum. I haven't done one of those in quite a few years now.
Amazing! I always loved the look of josh Elmore’s copper top. What is the top on yours?

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Amazing! I always loved the look of josh Elmore’s copper top. What is the top on yours?
Copper top.

This Cardinal East has the same exact specs as Josh Elmore’s main East. The only differences are that Josh has a set of Suhr Aldrich pickups in his main axe, and the volume pot on his is almost right up against the bridge. This one I’m receiving just has stock, in-house pickups wound by Sam Evans of Cardinal, and the volume pot placement is in a normal location by the toggle switch.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
I never tire of those Daemoness guitars with the graphics on them, they look so awesome. Are they still doing orders like that? It's almost tempting enough to get on the wait list.

Sorry dude..only seeing your reply now. On Daemoness: No you can't order them anymore. Custom shop is closed. Only thing you will get in future are individual stock builds and that's a big if. Lots of guys on the wait list can't get them....like me. He's gone through major diffs recently and had to move the workshop in the last few months. Fingers crossed that he recovers.

Lemonbaby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got an Ibby AZES last week just to check it out after seeing many good reviews. It's a nice guitar for the price with some minor issues I could quickly fix. Had to polish the frets, replace the plastic nut with TUSQ and add two more springs to the Vibrato as I don't use it anyway. At 2.97kg it's also quite light. The pickups are OKish, but I already ordered a Transition w/ nickel cap for the bridge and two Area 58s for the middle and neck position.

IMG-20220707-224258-2.jpg

kidmendel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sorry dude..only seeing your reply now. On Daemoness: No you can't order them anymore. Custom shop is closed. Only thing you will get in future are individual stock builds and that's a big if. Lots of guys on the wait list can't get them....like me. He's gone through major diffs recently and had to move the workshop in the last few months. Fingers crossed that he recovers.
Oh yikes, rough time!
Makes the ones that already exist even more valuable. They look so so awesome...

josh1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got an Ibby AZES last week just to check it out after seeing many good reviews. It's a nice guitar for the price with some minor issues I could quickly fix. Had to polish the frets, replace the plastic nut with TUSQ and add two more springs to the Vibrato as I don't use it anyway. At 2.97kg it's also quite light. The pickups are OKish, but I already ordered a Transition w/ nickel cap for the bridge and two Area 58s for the middle and neck position.

IMG-20220707-224258-2.jpg
I've been wanting the black one for a while or the yellow sss model. Good to hear they're a good guitar for the money.

Latest posts