006-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

2nd is really not an Ibby but still....

bradthelegend

ESP Fanboy
Reaction score
I fail to see how inlays "ruin" necks.
just my opinion.

I tend to like inlays (blocks, shark's teeth, etc.) but I just can't stand those huge dots that Ibanez puts on their necks. It just makes the guitar look kind of cheap to me. :shrug:

nathanwessel

Nathan Wessel
Reaction score
I tend to like inlays (blocks, shark's teeth, etc.) but I just can't stand those huge dots that Ibanez puts on their necks. It just makes the guitar look kind of cheap to me. :shrug:

Fair enough. I agree that big dots are the worst looking. Love the j-custom mass inlay though. Just something different I suppose.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Im a big fan of offset dots, but I quite like blank boards too. Aslong as its nothing tacky or fills the board too much. :agreed:

TMatt142

vagitarian
Reaction score
I'm with you Cloud. I love offset dots. It's pretty classy. about the only type of inlay I don't care for are the real intricate type that are done throughout the fretboard or the Carvin block inlays. I like the Jem tree of life inlays, but the J-Custom T.O.L inlay doesn't work.... Blank boards are great but a flame maple blank board gets a little tricky finding your way around the neck till ya get used to it.