Portland, OR Progressive Metal Guitarists and Other Metal Bands?

rjnix_0329

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I play guitar in a progressive metal band in Oregon. We mainly rehearse and gig in Portland, but we live everywhere from Corvallis to Lake Oswego. We have been fleshing out our lineup for awhile, and may finally have a bassist (though if you play bass, go ahead and get in touch, because nothing is for sure yet), but we would love to find a second guitarist.

We have a wide variety of influences, from Devin Townsend and Gojira to Red Seas Fire, Periphery, Tool, Isis, and Mastodon. We have a few samples of our material, but it is older and has mostly been revised or rewritten, and we have a ton of new material that is more technical and interesting, although groove and melody will always remain our top priority.

Additionally, we have a concert coming up on the 18th of December. We get to invite two bands to open for us, so if you are interested in playing a gig let me know! We have been trying to network with other local metal bands for months and months, but we finally have a gig to offer :cool:. It would be great to get a good metal scene going in Portland, and we would love to be a part of that!

Staller | Portland, OR | Metal / Progressive / Blues | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

Zerox8610

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
From Albany Oregon myself but you guys should try to record some of your current stuff. I'd really like to hear what you sound like now. Best wishes on the upcoming shows!

rjnix_0329

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thank you! Sorry it took so long to see this. We are hoping to get into the studio soon and record a 4 song EP, but it sure would be nice to have a competent bassist first :(