Polyphia with Vai

nightlight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I thought it was a nifty solo, but that may be because I'm a huge Vai fan. Polyphia, on the other hand, I don't know how to headband to, or if it's even possible. Still, I check out their content, it's really cutting edge guitar, though not metal.

Louis Cypher

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
never listened to Polyphia but I watched it earlier, Steve's solo is great I liked that but the song itself is def not my cup of tea, the musicianship and technical ability is insane but its pretty dull songwise

Flappydoodle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Crazy amount of talent, but the overall product isn't to my taste. It's just too much wanking off, somehow.

Of all the tones and playing, the bass is very nice.

Also I just find the whole music video idea to be super bizarre. Like, the guitars aren't plugged in... so all the weird miming and pretending... why!

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I respect these guys' technique, but I can't get into this, it feels like a bunch of intros strung together and never really settles into a groove.

I suppose I could say the same abou Vai's music, in general, too, though, and I'll say the same thing for both of them - theyre doing their own thing, sound like no one else, and good for them.