Poll regarding Ltd horizon carves

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by floridagoblue, Nov 24, 2020.

1. floridagoblue

floridagoblue SS.org Regular

Would love some feedback on everybody’s thoughts regarding the horizon carve of LTD Horizons. First and foremost I’m a huge Stef Carpenter fan and I find it frustrating the LTD models of his sigs are so flat and don’t have the carve his customs do. The spoon cut of the lower horn is the absolute jam on the horizon. I’ve been given many excuses by mods at the ESP forums as to why this is but recent emails suggest it’s customer feedback that dictates the shapes offered. I’m sure it’s easier to shape the full Ltd models but the Page Hamilton Ltd has the carve which predominantly features the lower horn spoon cut. How many of you out there would be more inclined to buy LTD Horizons if they had the proper carve. Sucks we have to spend 1k on a signature model that isn’t anywhere close to what the artist plays. It’s can and has been done! Cheers to all!

2. AboutBlank

AboutBlank SS.org Regular

Masoo2, Edika, slan and 9 others like this.
  3. Musiscience

Musiscience Hail the Ibbyborn!

Edika likes this.
  4. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Meh. It's fine the way it is. If you want the really fancy carving just save up for an original series or custom. People that pay $200 for an MH417 really don't care about body carves anyway. Besides, if you put the fancy carves on the cheapo guitars, nobody will want to buy the more expensive better guitars.

5. Apex1rg7x

Apex1rg7x Agent of Chaos

Its quite possibly a cost cutting method to keep the prices down on certain models. I have both LTD and ESP models and quite honestly it doesn't bother me one bit. The quality of the LTD models is fantastic for its price range and with minor tweaks can hold up to the ESP models.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.