POLL for ESP Fans - Would you buy an EC-407 with a Floyd Rose if they made one??

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by olsonuf, Aug 16, 2012.

If ESP made a EC-407 (les paul-style 7-string) with a floating trem, would you buy 1?

1. YES!!!

23.3%
  2. NO!!!

54.4%
  3. MAYBE - It depends on the price and/or other options.

22.2%
  1. Wrecklyss

Wrecklyss SS.org Regular

I would buy it if they put passives in it. Quilt top would be nice too, with all the "EMG only" colors, just sayin'

2. Dooky

Dooky SS.org Regular

I'm not referring to this thread alone, I'm referring to the forum in general. I've noticed in a number of other threads that recently there seems to be an increase in ToMs hate when i didn't notice it much at all before. It's like it's a new bandwagon. But like I said, I can understand people not liking ToMs bridges for their own personal preferences - it just reminds me of when people would say they disliked Basswood cos it was the "in" thing to do.

3. Interloper

Interloper SS.org Regular

I wouldn't buy it so I voted no but I think the more 7's the better. I would rather see some quilted/flamed maple tops on the NT/FR7 and <BR>
    LESS EMG !!!!!!!!

4. olsonuf

olsonuf Fretaholic

Speaking for myself, I only dislike ToMs for not being floyd roses, the same way I dislike any other fixed bridge that deprives me of the additional range of expression that a floating trem provides. :)

5. olsonuf

olsonuf Fretaholic

I felt the same way about the EMGs until I got my H-308....they're surprisingly pleasant with no tweaking required of my passive-pickup-based tones.

6. MWC262

MWC262 SS.org Regular

I'm not a big fan of the EC series, just because I love FR's. But if they made it with a floyd and had blackouts, and a baritone option then I'm in. EMG's are nice but they just don't deliver like blackouts do and they get boring. I tried some 7 string blackouts and there is a BIG difference, I fell in love with actives again.