Plugin Alliance ENGL E646 VS

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by vertibration, Aug 10, 2016.

1. vertibration

vertibration SS.org Regular

I just wanted to express my deepest accolades for this particular amp sim. Yes it is $150, however, it sounds incredible. Tons of clarity, and gain on tap. So far, it is the only amp sim that doesnt fizz out with my Ibanez M80M without an OD before the amp. It still retains clarity, and good distortion. I just wanted to point out a few things that I like about it, so that others may get an idea of what to expect if they decide to purchase this plugin, as it is not cheap.

-The bass and Depth punch actually sound fantastic, adding some much needed low end when you chug away

-The Middle Voiced button when activated adds a sweet mid boost that really adds clarity.

-The gain on tap sounds crisp, and very chunky. I gauge amp sims on what they sound like when I palm mute without an OD activated. Most sims sound like crap in that regard. This one does not. The chunk on this sim is powerful without an OD, and being that I play an 8 string, that matters a lot. Obviously when I put my Protone Misha Attack Overdrive before the ENGL, it absolutely crushes.

-Last but not least are the signal chains for the IR's. They actually sound pretty damn good. I still prefer my own Cab Lab IR's, but the ones that come with the ENGL are great.

Here is a link to some dude shredding with the ENGL plug in so you get an idea of how it sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoexV3u0XeU&index=8&list=PL6_P4odVz73qPdBkz35XQX1ZwYgWw3ILV