Please help!

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Polyphius, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Polyphius

Polyphius SS.org Regular

I just bought an Agile 728 Interceptor and it's a great sounding guitar but I'm noticing quite a bit of fret buzz, and as I was going to adjust the truss rod it wouldn't move? The neck needs quite a bit of relief and the Allen key isn't going in other than at the very edge of where you'd turn to give more relief but won't move, and that's the only spot the Allen key will go in. It won't go clockwise anymore since it's too tight so it may snap or whatever if I push it further than it is right now. I've set up many guitars and I've never had this problem. Why won't the Allen key enter the truss rod hole? Please help, or if I'm doing something wrong correct me! Thank you!

2. CapnForsaggio

CapnForsaggio Cap'n (general)

More relief should require LOOSENING the truss rod (counter clockwise).

If this is still stuck, and will not loosen, you probably don't have a functional truss rod. Meaning = someone overtorqued it and broke it inside the neck.

Are you the original owner? Or used?

3. Polyphius

Polyphius SS.org Regular

It was used, and I do attempt to loosen it but the Allen key won't even enter the truss rod hole.

4. Polyphius

Polyphius SS.org Regular

Also, like I mentioned the only position in where the key will enter the truss rod adjustment hole is at the very edge of the counter clockwise turn, where the Allen key is touching the wood, and won't enter anywhere else, and is VERY difficult to turn the other way.

5. HeaDdY

HeaDdY DreaDdY

maybe try to do it with a screwdriver but with the hexagonal head(like the allen key) that may help you get a better rich/grip, if that makes any sense at all ...

6. Petar Bogdanov

Petar Bogdanov SS.org Regular

A hex key has 6 identical sides, you should be able to get it in 60 degrees from there. If it doesn't go in at all, something's very weird. Make sure your allen key isn't bent. If it only goes in partially, you can hammer it in (with a small hammer) and that will straighten out the nut. Obviously, use caution.

7. djent000

djent000 Well-Known Member

This may sound like a stupid question but are you sure you're using the right size allen key?

8. Lasik124

Lasik124 SS.org Regular

Guilty of this. :lol:

Maybe you already have, but try another.