Pickups for KM7

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by J3rryAttrick, May 31, 2020.

1. J3rryAttrick

J3rryAttrick SS.org Regular

Hey guys, So I've tried a couple Pups in this guitar but still haven't found what I want.

Came stock with Nazgul in the bridge. Cool pickup but was kinda mushy/big in the low end for the guitar. Next, got the Alpha/Omega set. Love the coil tapped tones/neck pup, but bridge riffing just excites the 4k to 5k hz range that my ears are really sensitive to. Other than the overbearing highs, I love them, just sick of having to eq every DI track to hell, sometimes successfully, sometimes taking away from the tone.

SOOooooo, whats out there in passive land that might be a happy medium somewhere in between the two? I tend to like med output more than super hot pickups.

keep in mind the bridge pup is like a half inch closer to the bridge than most guitars, so it's naturally brighter to begin with(along with a swamp ash body).

2. KailM

KailM SS.org Regular

I would try the Seymour Duncan “EQ in front of the amp.” :lol:

Seriously though, cut a bit off the low end and tailor the mids and highs and the Nazgul is hard to beat.

FILTHnFEAR likes this.
  3. J3rryAttrick

Got a 10 band in the loop.
    ;)

4. elkoki

elkoki SS.org Regular

Try a SD Pegasus. It's warmer and lower output. Probably exactly what you're looking for. On my Schecter a-7 I found it was always bright and piercing regardless of the pickup. So it may not be the pickups but more the guitar itself.

5. J3rryAttrick

Thanks bud. That'll be the next one I try, but for now I ordered a 250k pot to see if that tames it a bit. My volume pot was taking a shit anyways, so here's hoping this helps or I'm buying another 500k and new pickups lol