Photography Thread

Discussion in 'Art, Media & Photography' started by Eddie_uv777, Nov 28, 2006.

1. vansinn

vansinn SS.org Regular

Ah yes, the XP2.. I shot a lot on it back in the days. That, and the TX.
    What I liked the most about the XP2 was the ability to expose as I saw fit on the same roll - within reasonable limits, of course, which meant from 80 to 320, and still be able to get a good print.
    On the other hand, trying to expand or limit contrast by speeding up/down with corresponding opposite processing of course didn't do much..

2. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

I was looking at the 50 iso Washi S (or whatever letter) film too, that stuff is wild.
    What might make xp2 an interesting choice is the fact it's much more reliable to send off to a lab and have it processed correctly. Most shops here send film to the Fuji plant in Germany and their b/w processing is apparently a lot less reliable than c41 because it's not standardised.

3. ThePhilosopher

ThePhilosopher Reason User

If you're not going to dip the B&W yourself, definitely look into a C-41 based film.

4. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

shot with the rokinon 85mm. i was shooting at f2, and it seems i missed the eyes and focused on his hair.
    i created a ring of light out of a hoola hoop and some christmas lights. need to experiment some more with this
    [​IMG]IMGP4790 by hadi khan, on Flickr

5. Tang

Tang Master of Chihuahuas

Nice DIY lighting soliloquy!

Finally getting out of the house a bit!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. tank

tank SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

D750 + tamron 70-200 f2.8 and processed in lightroom with VSCO

7. JeffFromMtl

JeffFromMtl Уродливый, но честны

Spent a night in 重庆 (Chongqing) recently. Canon 6D | 24-70mm f/2.8L @ 24mm f/2.8. I wifi'd it to my phone and edited it entirely with VSCO.

[​IMG]

8. feilong29

feilong29 SS.org Regular

Did some walking down in Waikiki; gosh it's been so long since I held a camera in my hand that I didn't know how to compose my shots like I used to...guess I better get out more! Been wanting to get into b/w photography so, here are a few that I felt looked decent. All done with my Fujifilm X-E2 w/xf 18mm lens at ISO 1600 at ISO 3200 for the first two and 2500 for the last one, edited with VSCO on my iPhone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. vansinn

vansinn SS.org Regular

Fun, when you think about it..
    We're all creative in multiple ways, and, although this is a music forum, this non-music thread has to be the longest of them all.. ;)

You can expect me in too a Bit later; only a matter of when my apartment gets sold, so I can go traveling for month.
    New photo gear shopping list ready, and have been (re)studying up on technique for three+ month..

10. UnderTheSign

With the DIY-panorama project on hold for a bit, I decided to just buy a 135W back for my Bronica. 1 : 2.25 aspect ratio is as close as i can get now to the Hasselblad X-Pan which my pretty much my dream camera (but a grand too expensive or so :lol:).

Been a busy month photography purchase-wise. Also just scored a Paterson tank with 135 and 120 reel and the capacity for 4x5 film so now I just need some chems, a changing bag and the time to start developing my own b/w. I'm also shopping for a decent scanner...

11. Tang

Tang Master of Chihuahuas

So uh,

looks like the Fuji medium format camera is officially a thing.

:):):(

12. UnderTheSign

Curious to see how it'll be priced VS the Pentax Mf offerings. "sub 10k" might still mean the price of a kidney.

13. Joe Harvatt

Joe Harvatt SS.org Regular

I saw $9k body somewhere.

14. UnderTheSign

"Well below $10k" for body/lens/evf combo has been said by Fuji reps but 'well below' could just mean $9k.

15. feilong29

feilong29 SS.org Regular

View from me casa! I really dig VSCOcam but I can't wait to get Lightroom again

[​IMG]

16. ThePhilosopher

ThePhilosopher Reason User

A shot of my nephews from Labor Day weekend:
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D3 with Nikon 50mm f/1.8D: ISO 200 1/125s f/1.8

One HDR from atop Mount Bonnell:
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D3 with Sigma 15-30mm f/3.5-4.5@15mm: ISO 200, 1/1000 [-2,-1,0,+1,+2], f/8

17. Philligan

Philligan The White-Knuckler Contributor

18. capoeiraesp

capoeiraesp SS.org Regular

Long time no post so here's my share. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm about 2 weeks into owning it now and have used it across a good mix of circumstances such as kids dancing and playing sport, muay thai classes, some simple speedlite lit portraits, street stuff, live music, and some other general portrait work.

The X-T2 is a significant improvement over its predecessor. The build feels more solid, particularly the new grip material. The improvements in the ISO and shutter controls are fantastic with the new lock method and max shutter of 1/8000 is a nice addition.
    The BIG ONE! Auto-focus! Night and day difference
    It tracks exceptionally well in CF mode to the point that I was able to track a kid dancing through a crowd of dozens of other dancers flawlessly. The burst mode of 11fps is ridiculous with the added grip. I have only tested some cars around ~50kmph but my 56 1.2 @1.2 was able to track them perfectly. In poor light it's far more responsive than the X-T1 and easily as good as my 6D, if not better, at focusing in dim light. Need to test it more but totally satisfied with results so far, especially with focusing on subjects near to far.
    The battery grip is a bloody nice addition and can be charged by just plugging into the wall or a USB port for the main camera battery, which shortens charge time greatly by charging all simultaneously.

Other additions? The dual card slot is great to have and i use my second slot as jpeg backup with the killer Acros simulation. Loving the extra resolution of the new sensor.
    'scuse the ranty write up. Here's some snaps.

[​IMG]
    No hunting or deciding to shoot the bags in the rear with burst and CF during this set.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bit of macro with the extension tube.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. UnderTheSign

Awesome stuff Matt. Tony Northrup has been super positive about the X-T2 as well.

20. Philligan

Philligan The White-Knuckler Contributor

Awesome. :yesway: I really want to get one, but I'm not shooting enough to justify the cost (especially since I'm just working a contract right now).

I'll probably be starting a new contract in a few weeks doing social media, promotion, and client relations for a branch of the local college in my town, so if I'm shooting a lot maybe I can justify it as a career move. :flex: