Pet Peeves/Irritants/Agitations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PunkBillCarson, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePIGI King

ThePIGI King Ibanez Enthusiast

The whole millennial vs Gen X vs Gen Z and all that BS. For real, 50 years ago there were idiots and losers just like today. Being born in a certain year does not mean I am like other people born within a 10 or 15 year span. Some people are just dumb and sensitive. Some aren't. I don't care what year you were born, I judge you by your actions and that's about it. Also, as I found out, a good 90% of the people making fun of millennials, are millennials, since that goes back to 1986 or something along those lines.

EDIT: It's 1981. So all you 38 year olds and younger should stop saying Millennials, because that's you, and it's dumb.

2. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Idk man. An idiot 50 years ago had more genuine experiences in real life than an idiot today who experiences life artificially and vicariously, glued to a tablet 24/7

BlackSG91 likes this.
  3. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars

You can say that again...preach it! I see this everyday more and more on the bus people who are just glued to their phones constantly waiting patiently for it's command. I remember technology over 30 years ago and I look now how it has evolved and it's stunning. I think modern technology has become a pacifier for the general masses. That's what the Globalists & the elites want.

[​IMG]

;>)/

4. Leberbs

Leberbs SS.org Regular

I work with 2 dudes that take this to another level. They use the speech-to-txt function all the time - while txting, while sending emails, googling something, getting directions, fact checking your ass in front of you, asking google to call someone, etc. It is beyond annoying.

XPT707FX, _MonSTeR_ and MetalHex like this.
  5. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Nice and appropriate meme!

BlackSG91 likes this.
  6. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

The problem with being a millennial and being 31 is i did not have anything in common with the early 20 somethings of today. I argue with my step brother about this all the time, hes 26 or 27.

I work for the state of NY and have been since i was 18. I have already spent 1/3 of my life working the same job, when these 20 somethings havent worked a full year in their life. I just don't see how we have anything in common other than a date range. The previous generational age gaps had way more in common with each other IMO. Especially when it cones to wage gaps.

FILTHnFEAR and PunkBillCarson like this.
  7. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

One could (and should) argue that the content they are consuming is different, but...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edika and BlackSG91 like this.
  8. spudmunkey

pet peeve: all of my new locks.

My new sliding door has a built-in lock that always make it seem/feel like you've locked it, but then you aren't actually...you have to push past, what feels like, a positive stop. Before realizing this is what was happening, I was getting in trouble for leaving the door unlocked, when I was genuinely sure in my head that I thought I locked it.

All of my old Schlage door knobs and dead bolt locks had locking knobs that were easy to remember: If the knob faced "up = unlock", and "left = locked". And both styles would turn towards the door jamb to lock. Meaning when at the front door, both knobs turned counter clock-wise. When at the garage side door, they both turned clockwise (towards the jamb, in both cases).

We recently replaced all of the knobs with new ones from Baldwin. While they feel like a higher-quality knob and lock...they annoy me. First, the orientation is opposite...now, Up/down means locked, and left/right means unlocked. But worse than that, is that all of the deadbolts turn the same was as our old ones, but the locks on the knobs go the other way. So to go into the front yard, you turn the deadbolt counter-clockwise, but you turn the lock on the knob clockwise.

There appears to be no way to change either of these.

9. BlackSG91

I guess you made a good point there...+1 for you. But can you contact or text your friends through a newspaper? There's so many more things you can do with a smart phone compared to a newspaper that it takes up much more of your time and I see this daily people who are totally immersed in their phones. I graduated college before the internet was available to the public & I was always fascinated with how technology evolved and I would have never thought when I look back that it would have turned into what I see today. What will the world be like 20 years into the future? Maybe we will have a small chip installed into our brains that works as a cell phone and operate as a whole computer system. Who knows but at the rate technology developed since I was in school is somewhat mind-blowing. The way we interact today is much more different than in the past.

;>)/

FILTHnFEAR, XPT707FX and The906 like this.
  10. ThePIGI King

ThePIGI King Ibanez Enthusiast

But as I said, it's not so much of a generational thing as it is down to an individual. I've worked 40hr work weeks since 16, had a car I bought outright by 17, my own home at 18, an associate's degree at 18, and graduated BCT and AIT in the Army National Guard by 19. And I surround myself with people who are my age doing just as well, some even better than myself.

I'm not trying to gloat or anything here, I'm just using myself as an example to say that just because I was born in 1998, doesn't mean I'm a sensitive little guy that lacks drive and work ethic. Year of birth is not a deciding factor on these things. Upbringing and personal character are. Everyone has their own choices, grouping people by year of birth is no different than profiling racial, religious, sexual orientation, or whatever the hell people judge each other off of.

I'm sure if you 40+ year old people asked people that are 80, they would tell you that your generation is lazy and stupid. It's a cycle. That's why all old people, regardless of age, always say "back in my day [insert how old people are better]".

cwhitey2 likes this.
  11. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Riiiiight because kids use their tablets and phones so they can read the news. Lmao.

But, it takes 20 minutes to read a whole newspaper tops. Different then being glued to a phone all day and night.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    BlackSG91 likes this.
  12. BlackSG91

If you ever watch the movie "Her" starring Joaquin Phoenix it will describe the whole Millennial phenomenon in a nutshell.:ugh:

;>)/

13. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Is it a newer one? Im so out of touch with new movies lately. By lately I mean the past 10 years.

14. BlackSG91

It's somewhat new but I guess you can Google it to see what year it was made and the what the story is about. It will pretty much describes what's going to happen when technology integrates into human daily functions and needs. It sort of predicts the future.

;>)/

15. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Just read the plot and it sounds like a very good one indeed. Very interesting.

Check out the book/film Brave New World if you havent. The movie is a bit harder to stomach because of its cheesey atmosphere and production

16. BlackSG91

I remember the name of the movie/book you mentioned. It's probably in the same line as "Her". It's one step closer for us to understand the complex nature of Millennials. I wonder what the next generation will be after "Z". Maybe Generation "A" for advanced super species.:scratch:

;>)/

17. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

I hate when people dont flush the toilet out of courtesy. The last thing i want to do is hear someones shit pushing out of their ass. I definitely dont want to smell it. Flush the damn toilet a few times......while you are shitting and when you are done so it doesnt just sit there. Fuck!

18. spudmunkey

I live in California where I can understand limiting flushes (keep in mind I grew up in the midwest, where water, literally, falls from the sky...I know, right? Weird...)...but yeah...a single courtesy flush, please! Smell is dependent on particles of what you are smelling actually coming into contact with your nose. Gross.

However, no public bathroom should be so silent as to be able to hear a co-occupant's mushy extrusion. Fans, white noise, radios, etc.

MetalHex likes this.
  19. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

I was going to say that, there should definitely always be some kind of background noise

20. BlackSG91

I can't stand it when people don't flush their hats.:fullofit:

;>)/

MetalHex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.