Pet Peeves/Irritants/Agitations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PunkBillCarson, Jun 7, 2019.

1. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

SSO, let's face it... there are times where something is just enough to irritate you, but doesn't feel excessive enough to put it in the Why Are You Mad Now? thread. This thread is for irritations, something not quite bad enough to fuck up your day, but should enough of them add up, probably could, especially if they're in succession. Here's a few of mine:

For no particular reason, the word fantastic. I don't know why, it could be the way some people add a thick "c" sound at the end of the word that seems to meld into the "I." Not sure, I just hate that word.

Abrupt loud noises, especially if they're sharp sounding. Most of them, these tend to break my train of thought and they're exceptionally effective at doing so.

Cashiers who talk way too much or... people who talk too much, especially when it's pretty apparent that you're trying to leave the conversation by half-way facing away from them and making your answers shorter and shorter.

People who post something as meaningless as an Oreo on social media and caption it with some bullshit like: "I did a thing" or "My current situation."

For what it's worth, these don't have to be things that irritate you on a constant basis. If it's just something that pissed you off momentarily for a few minutes, that's fine for the thread too! Happy bitching!!!

crossthestyx likes this.
  2. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Fantastic idea! But in fairness I should probably spoiler tag mine:

3. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

^I clicked on all those buttons. I am making a teaser for the trailer for my reaction video to your post.

mlp187, XPT707FX, Edika and 4 others like this.
  4. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd has left the building Contributor

I don't like that in my company's buildings it's normal to just stare at ppl from other cultures like they're the fucking weird ones bc YOU are uncomfortable with "diversity".

AxeHappy and Edika like this.
  5. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

:fist bump:

6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Build the Wall of Sound™

People that read at a 4th grade level but latch onto a few big words like "inculcate" or "behoove" and try to sound more intelligent than they really are.

Also people that nest 10 spoiler tags in one post just to troll me. @jaxadam :dick:

7. Konfyouzd

The extent to which I agree with this post made my blood pressure rise.

Hollowway likes this.
  8. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

:fist bump:

Konfyouzd likes this.
  9. Konfyouzd

I love SSO.

10. ThePIGI King

ThePIGI King Death Will Reign

The greater majority of all life on Earth.

11. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

People who blow there nose at the dinner table/public eating place/cafeteria. Holy shit that grinds my gears....worse than loud food chewing/smacking.

crossthestyx, Hollowway and c7spheres like this.
  12. _MonSTeR_

_MonSTeR_ SS.org Regular

My pet peeve is people that drive at 40 mph on a road with a 60 mph speed limit (and good driving conditions) then when they enter a built up area with houses, schools and a 30 mph speed limit, keep on going at 40 mph.

13. Konfyouzd

You tryina change me bro?

I'm special.

Rules do NOT APPLY until I am personally shortchanged.

Fight me!!!!

:scream:

Hollowway likes this.
  14. Smoked Porter

Smoked Porter SS.org Regular

Anytime I hear the phrase "quick question", my blood pressure starts rising, because it's never actually quick. Been in customer service jobs for way too long.

Hollowway likes this.
  15. lurè

lurè Can't buy skill so I buy gear

This is strictly related to gym: people who left the barbell loaded and proceed doing their next exercise.

Basically I have to unload 243454 fucking plates for you , load mine and do my exercise while you; triangular shaped moron with dj headphones, do your business.
    Combine that with a small percentage of those people who don't bring a towel and sweats like pigs.

16. narad

narad SS.org Regular

::sigh:: I wish my current situation was oreo, but it's more wheatable.

Hollowway and Edika like this.
  17. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Whoever invented (regulated?) plastic bumper covers

Sometimes you just really wanna hit something or someone with your truck, but the prohibitive cost of the puny plastic makes you restrain yourself

It's not good to bottle things up.

18. FILTHnFEAR

FILTHnFEAR Dread it, run from it....

When people clearing see earbuds stuck in my head at work, and just start talking as if I can hear them. Only for me to take one out or hit pause to hear them bitch or make some inconsequential remark about something I could care less about. If it has something to do with the actual job, fine, but 9 of 10 times it doesn't.

And driving when people will pull right out in front of you forcing you to hit the breaks only for them to proceed to go under the speed limit.

cwhitey2, Hollowway, vilk and 3 others like this.
  19. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Both of them. All of the fucking time. My grandfather died a couple weeks ago and I decided to work that day anyway hoping I could take my mind off of it. This annoying lady came up to me and started talking to me (I had my earbuds in), about how her partners son was being rude to her over the weekend about the dumbest shit. And I saw her mosey-ing on over to me in the corner of my eye, and I know it was her because she kinda hobbles with her bad leg. My desk is in the corner too so when someone comes walking my way, its not to pass me, its to talk to me. So fucking mad because everytime she comes to talk to, it's at the absolute worst times and it's about the dumbest shit.

About your second pet peeve, that only seems to happen when your in a hurry.

Something that I noticed that only happens to me. When people (whether they're in cars or semi trucks) are pulled over on the side of the highway, they always seem to want to pull out to start driving right as I'm passing by. (Mail trucks do this all the time to, just not on the highway).

And don't get me started on school buses.

Hollowway and BenjaminW like this.
  20. Carrion Rocket

Carrion Rocket Registered Lurker

I have a manager that does this constantly and it's been so peaceful the past few weeks as they're out on a LOA.

Similarly, coworkers who complain constantly about never having enough time to get anything done and proceed to take breaks every ten minutes or just stand the fuck around (and/or in the way) while everyone else gets shit done. [Sidebar: In my experience, cigarette smokers are some of the laziest, most time wasting people on the planet. And it's only worse when they're in management.]

People who think that just because they've be alive longer than you automatically makes them smarter than you on any given subject regardless of their experience with it. And they tend to be the same people who claim "[X] doesn't actually mean [X]". I once had a guy vehemently proclaim that sixteen on center doesn't actually mean that you put the center of a stud on sixteen inches. I couldn't walk away fast enough.

People who stand over you while your writing/typing as if it's any of their goddamn business. Especially when I'm on lunch.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Hollowway likes this.