Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
These prices are ridiculous, if you’re paying for these guitars at those prices… order your own custom Jackson guitar!

I guess if you really love Jackson and it's something you want. But no one with a sane mind should order a Jackson these days, for reasons stated in the message above.

Personally, if you reeeally wanna dish 5K-10K on a guitar, I would order a Custom Shop ESP or an Aristides. Actually, for 10K, you can get both. And I promise you will be very, very happy.

Sermo Lupi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks like somebody bought the black machine. I have long coveted that orange juggernaut, but not at that price.

As did the blue sparkle JPX for $4550, which had a more reasonable price and less sentimental value to Misha, judging from the description.

Reading that Blackmachine listing, the only thing odd about it is that it's trying to justify a price that was clearly arrived at for other reasons. The JP7 listing is similar. Misha mentions how he didn't want to part with either of those guitars...that's the only significant justification offered for those prices, in my opinion. Likewise, a buyer isn't going to hum and haw about these sky-high valuations and be persuaded by some honied words in a reverb listing that the guitar worth 5x its market price. The people who'll seriously consider buying this stuff will pay whatever he asks, provided they can afford it.

To put it another way, these prices have no basis in reality beyond what Misha deems to be his lowest payout for clearing out a couple guitar racks. We're not talking about what most people can afford, we're talking about what Misha considers worth his time/investment.

He's clearly doing pretty well, considering. By my count, the listed value of the guitars alone is $108,240. It'd be nice if I netted that much every time I was asked to dust the place :lol:

mastapimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
He's clearly doing pretty well, considering. By my count, the listed value of the guitars alone is $108,240. It'd be nice if I netted that much every time I was asked to dust the place :lol:
That would be nice, but at the rate these are going, he's not likely to get anywhere close to asking price. The shop's been up for a day now and he's sold 2 guitars (and who knows if he accepted lower offers). For somebody that's probably more known as the guy from that one Rick Beato video, his upcharge is kind of outrageous. I remember quite a few of Tosin's guitars sat for months and they were in the 3-5K range. 12K for a guitar you didn't even know the guy touched until last week when his reverb preview video came out is implying the buyer is stupid and has poor judgement.

neurosis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Does. anybody know if these listing can impact value of future listings for similar guitars once sold? If this is motivating other sellers to raise prices it's a REALLY smart move from Reverb because they'll get more in fees.

secretpizza

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It seems to me like the valuation is purely because he owned them and recorded with them. I have no idea if there’s a Dogecoin king out there looking to offload his GameStonks profits on “the guitar” used to perform that Icarus Lives! YouTube play through from 20 years ago, but if there is, this is his day.

To that end, who cares what he asks? Any sort of memorabilia that has an extra baked-in intangible value because it was owned by someone famous has a completely made up and nebulous value, unless you’re buying it speculatively to subsequently re-sell later on when that same artist or musician gets more famous. I can’t imagine anyone, even Misha, arguing that these prices are justified for the actual wood-and-electronics guitar. Except maybe the Blackmachine, but those have their own wu nonsense aura regardless of the seller.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Does. anybody know if these listing can impact value of future listings for similar guitars once sold? If this is motivating other sellers to raise prices it's a REALLY smart move from Reverb because they'll get more in fees.

Absolutely not, other than the one off HT's. They will not offset the entire market's value because they are just that one offs.

Market value increases are dictated by trending sales of a product, IE: Gen 1 Juggernauts sold for 2.5k new, 1.9 - 2k used. Misha selling his prototype is valued at a higher rate because of it's unique spec factor + artist ownership. An individual with a production Juggernaut would only see increased interest in the product, and maybe a nominal increase in value potential.

And Reverb caps their fees at $500 per transaction last I remembered, they are not banking on a set of short term high fee sales but increase in overall sales as a whole.

mastapimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They went for between 1K and 6K and then Essex Recording Studio has been trying to sell them for 10 to 20 times as much since.
Yep, dude doing that is a grade A douche. Dave was trying to be a good guy (for once) and sell his own personal guitars at a decent price.
Then that Essex guy fucked everything over by buying a bunch and is trying to flip them for significantly more than he paid.
IIRC he also did a stealth-brag video and claimed he wouldn't sell them or something like that???

neurosis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Absolutely not, other than the one off HT's. They will not offset the entire market's value because they are just that one offs.

Market value increases are dictated by trending sales of a product, IE: Gen 1 Juggernauts sold for 2.5k new, 1.9 - 2k used. Misha selling his prototype is valued at a higher rate because of it's unique spec factor + artist ownership. An individual with a production Juggernaut would only see increased interest in the product, and maybe a nominal increase in value potential.

And Reverb caps their fees at $500 per transaction last I remembered, they are not banking on a set of short term high fee sales but increase in overall sales as a whole.
This is a relief. Thank you so much for the insight!

Sermo Lupi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That would be nice, but at the rate these are going, he's not likely to get anywhere close to asking price. The shop's been up for a day now and he's sold 2 guitars (and who knows if he accepted lower offers). For somebody that's probably more known as the guy from that one Rick Beato video, his upcharge is kind of outrageous. I remember quite a few of Tosin's guitars sat for months and they were in the 3-5K range. 12K for a guitar you didn't even know the guy touched until last week when his reverb preview video came out is implying the buyer is stupid and has poor judgement.

Yeah. To be clear, I'm not saying any sane person should consider paying these prices. Just that it won't matter to Misha if this is the kind of money he's asking simply to entertain the idea of parting with the guitars.

As for the guitars sitting, several of these are worth $8k-$12K. Shifting that kind of money around takes time for most people. Others will want to sell off a piece of gear or two first. Then there's the people who won't hear about the sale right away because they aren't F5ing Reverb all day.

I can definitely see some of these failing to sell, though. Whatever Misha's reasoning for asking so much, the prices are poor inventive for buyers. Even worse with a recession looming.

soul_lip_mike

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You can buy a brand new juggernaut in the same finish for 4K right now brand new. That’s a pretty ridiculous price.

Flappydoodle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Petty greediness, capitalising on hype. That's all it is.

I mean, that sums up most of Periphery/djent doesn't it?

How many signature products do those guys have now? All have multiple signature guitars/basses, GGD drums, Misha has his own plugin, Mark and Misha both have pedal companies and endorsements, there's GGD cabs too, all have signature pickups too. They've released a shitload more products than they have albums, that's for sure.

I'm not criticising for wanting to make money, and if people want to pay it, that's fair enough. If it's an auction and people really love Misha for some reason, then sure, bid it up to 30K if you want. But for the artist themselves to put beaten up guitars on the market for these stupid prices is sheer, ugly greed IMO.